Chapter Nine

I'd just finished with my shower and cleaned my wound when Dylan barges into my room, without knocking, as if he owns the place. What is his actual reason for being here except to piss everyone off and sleep with every girl in the building?

"Hey princess," I have to force myself not to gag at this new-found nickname he has for me. Princess, really?

"Why are you here?" I get straight to the chase and ask the question that has been on my mind since he messaged me last night.

"Are you not happy I'm here?" he asks as if I would be overwhelmed with joy at the sight of his face. But no Dylan I am not happy to see you.

"Answer the question," I'm sick of him playing games and avoiding.

"Feisty aren't you," he smirks and I remember Colton saying the same thing to me when I'd first met him. Wow... I had never realised how similar their personalities are and how equally easy they both are to hate. "What happened to the sweet, shy Rose I once knew," Dylan says.

"She got sick of your crap," I snap and his eyes go wide.

"I'm here because there is a patrol taking place tomorrow night and they asked me to attend," wasn't that hard now was it? This is just perfect. I am going on a stake out with the two people I hate most in this world, could life get any better?

"Why'd they ask you? What relevance do you have?" I ask a bit too harshly. "I mean like what does this have to do with you?" that doesn't sound great either but we'll just roll with it.

"Because they need my skills. Andrew Grey is close friends with my family so he knew about the training I had been doing and asked if I wanted to come tomorrow night," Dylan explains and the reason seems fair enough. "Anyways, how do you know about this?" he asks.

"Funnily enough, they asked me as well," I explain and he smirks again.

"It was meant to be," he jokes and I actually laugh. Our moment's cut short when he tells me he has to go and that he'll see me later.

I then realise I never got to ask how he knew where my room was.

Knowing him, he probably followed me.

***

My schedule consists of mostly training, eating and sleeping so it can't get repetitive whatsoever. It honestly feels like I am living everyday on repeat, except some days new people get added and a random event that messes with my head appears.

It's late in the afternoon and I am supposed to be going to the shooting range but I have absolutely no clue where it is located within the facility. How fitting that I am going to be training to use a gun when I am probably scarred for life from my previous experience with the contraption.

I walk out into the corridor and muster up the confidence to actually ask someone where it is because I have no clue where Zach is and he probably knows less than I do. Okay... who looks the nicest? Her. She's a petite girl with caramel skin and black curly, shoulder length hair. She looks effortlessly beautiful and is easily the kindest looking person here.

"Hi, I'm sorry to bother you but do you know where the shooting range is?" I ask and it takes her a second to register that I am talking to her but when she does, she flashes me a warm smile.

"Yeah of course, I am actually heading there now. Follow me," she smiles and I'm glad I asked her. "I take it you're new here," people must see right through me.

"Yeah my father thought it would be best to delay me coming here for a year so I am a year behind everyone else," I say with mock happiness.

"I can see how that would be a problem," she laughs. "Anyways, I'm Melissa," she beams and I return a kind smile.