| TWO |

The lady pouted her lips lightly, before glancing back over to Miss Elida.

"Has she ever met a Vampire before? Or been around one in the past four years?" She said, her voice was very light.

I kept my gaze on the woman, as I knew the answer myself, and I knew Miss Elida did also.

"No she hasn't" she replied, her tone of voice curious.

The man cleared his throat, "Hello, Verity. I'm Marcus, and this is Olive, we have a few questions for you"

I rose one eyebrow, that didn't sound like I had a choice at all, which was a normal feeling to have.

"You can relax, I'm not going to hurt you. The feeling will pass, I promise" Olive said, and she gave a slow smile.

As I tried to relax my hands, to push away the magic threatening to pour out, there was something that was calming down. That had given me such a fight or flight reaction, and I was unsure how to gage it.

I knew about the other realm, Caligo. It was the Vampire realm, that no Fairies were granted access unless the Queen of Caligo, accepted it.

It was also the same for Lumen, Vampires could enter through the portal only if the King of Lumen, granted it.

I knew there was a Truce between Vampires and Fairies, we were taught this in our history schooling sessions when we were much younger. The Truce, was that no Vampire could ever drink the blood of a Fairy.

But what the teacher never explained to us was the answer to my unspoken question.

Apparently that blood to a Vampire, tasted like life, and was known to extent the long life span of a Vampire even more.

It made sense onto why I reacted that way unintentionally, it was the first time I had met a Vampire, and I guess it was a normal reaction.

"How did you know I was a Vampire, Verity?" Olive broke my trail of thought.

My eyebrows creased together, that confused me. Olive glanced at Marcus behind her for a second.

"Vampires are incredibly skilful in hiding their natures, we have barriers much like your own that prevent others from having the same reaction as you did" she said in a calm tone of voice.

I didn't know what to say.

"And your barrier, is very strong" Marcus added, looking at me.

I felt like them saying these things, were not in a positive way.

"Did you want to know anything else?" Miss Elida said, after a few seconds.

"What are your elements, Verity?" Olive asked.

"Fire and Air" I replied, I didn't want to stay silent anymore.

"Nothing is going to happen to you if you tell the truth, Verity. I know it's hard to be open with us, it's only for your benefit, not ours" she added, shaking her head with the last few words.

My mind quickly went to only a handful of minutes earlier, I was out in the forest, in front of the stream. I had been able to control the element Water for well over a year now. But what had been the most recent, over the past few months I realised I could control Earth.

Which terrified me.

I know I was a Elemental Fairy, which we were taught about when we learning about the royal family. King Linus was an Elemental Fairy, along with a handful others in his family, including three of his five children.