| TWELVE |

We broke for lunch, and I noticed that Namjoon had wondered off down the corridor as he grabbed a plate of food. I knew Tae was watching me follow him, as I turned the corner into a smaller room that was full of books all around the walls in shelves.

I sat down on the sofa in the middle of the room, watching Namjoon move from shelf to shelf, glancing over the bindings of the books.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"Honestly I don't know, something about Fairies who have lived a long time" he muttered out.

I sensed Tae in the doorway, before I could see him. We were both well aware that the barrier was still covering the both of us, and that made us more in-tuned. He leant against the doorframe, eating from a bowl of chicken soup, just watching Namjoon and I.

Jin filtered into the room, sitting next to me and put another warm bread roll onto my plate. I smiled at him, and looked over at Tae.

The corner of his mouth tugged into a small smile.

Namjoon didn't find anything worth reading, before the time was up for lunch. It was time for the Vampires to practice together, as the Fairies sat back and watched. Namjoon pushed into their minds to give them added obstacles.

It was impressive, to watch.

And then afterward, we were done for the day. Jin and Lily went off to feed as soon as we were finished, as Yoongi wanted to go tomorrow not today, which JK offered to go with him.

Everyone else went back to their rooms, and I used this time to take a nap, as I pulled off my clothes and got under my covers.

I had only given myself an hour, before my alarm went off.

I put back on my clothes, and made my way outside, and took a bottle of water with me. I arrived by the stream in the forest, and relaxed down against it.

A few minutes later, I felt Tae again, and smiled while looking over at the stream.

He didn't say anything as he sat next to me, our shoulders touching one another.

"You can take the barrier down you know" he breathed out a few minutes later.

"I know. It feels nice, having it there. I can always tell when you are near" I muttered back.

"The more you get used to it, you'll be able to pick up on my emotions, and things like that. That's why they ask us to always practice with the barrier" Tae said.

I crossed my legs in front of me, and looked out at the stream, the sun was near enough settling, casting a yellow haze around the forest.

"Were you going to tell me?" Tae asked.

I creased my eyebrows, and turned my head to the side to look at him.

"I'm inside your head Veri, I can sense things" he breathed out.

"What are you on about?" I asked.

He rose an eyebrow at me, "I can tell that you are hiding something. And when you were practicing, you were holding back also"

I could tell that I was feeling nervous, as my stomach started to drop slightly.

"Whatever it is, I won't tell anybody if you don't want me to" he said, looking at me.

I took a deep breath. This making me start to breathe heavier, and I rubbed my hand on my cargo bottoms, fidgeting more than anything. Tae's hand quickly came over and took mine, and just like earlier he started drifting his fingers up and down mine, expect this time there wasn't any veins to trace.