| SIXTY - NINE |

It was the middle of the night, when I woke. Tae was sleeping peacefully next to me, one arm loosely over my waist. I stared up at the ceiling, and knew at that moment, I wouldn't be able to sleep again. My mind was too aware onto where I was. I checked my phone, it was nearly half five in the morning.

I got changed, and threw on Tae's black jumper. I'm sure if I got lost in this Palace, anybody I would find would be able to lead me back. I found myself in a courtyard, it was massive garden, that had a beautiful seating area right in the middle. I frowned at the dying flower buds, and as I walked around the garden, I let my hand drift out beside me. As the flowers and small bushes grew back into life, I smiled as I heard the distant sound of the waterfall. I sensed something behind me, and turned to see two guards. They both bowed their heads, and stayed standing at the archway, giving me some space.

I realised, they were here because of me.

"I don't need following around you guys, feel free to go do whatever or back to sleep" I breathed out, looking at them.

They didn't reply, nor even look at me.

"You can speak to me, it's ok" I muttered, realising that they had most likely been conditioned to not be seen or heard.

"Your Highness, we are two of the guards you saved yesterday. We are well aware that you do not need our protection, but we feel the need to still do it. Gratitude and respect is a hard thing to earn from royal guards, so please let us stay" the leaner one quickly said. Green eyes darting to me quickly before looking back away.

I smiled, "you can do whatever you want, if it makes the both of you happy following me around, then go ahead. But if Taehyung is with me, you don't need to worry about anything"

The other guard nodded, "thank you, Your Highness. Please call upon us, if you ever need anything. Our names are Eli and Dorian, we are some of the most high ranking royal guards here"

I smiled once again, nodding my head.

They stood quietly while I carried on pulling at the earth in the garden, making sure the flowers were waiting for the morning sun that was soon to be growing in the sky, to start opening. I carried on wondering around the Palace, both Eli and Dorian were behind me, giving me enough space so I wasn't uncomfortable with them following me.

"Oh wow" I breathed out, going straight into what I assumed was the library. It was two floors tall with a large curving stair case at the far end, and wooden black bookshelves were over every corner. There was a dark grey carpeted space in the middle with cosy looking type furniture.

"The royal library, Your Highness" Eli said as they both stood in the doorway, as I wondered in.

"It's beautiful" I replied, looking up at the second floor.

I wasn't sure how much time I had spent in here, but the sun starting peeking in through the long windows, and not long after I sensed Tae getting closer to me. The guards, quickly let him through, standing apart even before he had gotten close to the doorway. He glanced at them as he passed them, and I smiled at him.

"That's Eli and Dorian, they were there yesterday. High ranking guards. They feel more comfortable with somebody being with me" I breathed out.

Tae drifted a kiss onto my temple after he nodded at me.

Another hour or so went by, I was still skimming through the books. There were so many, and it was addicting to see all the different genres they had.

I was starting to get thirsty, and slightly peckish.

"Eli, is there a call button around here?" I asked, after I couldn't feel one under the black coffee table in the middle of the seating area.