| FORTY - SIX |

All of us were on the edge, glancing around the scenery around us as Tae was over taking some cars in front of us, along the straight road.

Tae's phone started ringing again and he passed it to me.

"Commander?" I answered.

"They are tracking all of you. They've changed direction. You will not make it back to the base in time, get off the main road, we cannot risk humans seeing them. The Keepers tracking them are only ten minutes behind them, but that's still not enough time" Commander Asher quickly said.

Tae quickly swerved onto a oncoming country road on our left, making all of us cling onto something in the car.

"Do we know how many?" I breathed out.

"It's a minimum of ten, there's no way of being able to know the full number when they are moving that fast away from the Keepers" the Commander quickly replied.

We drove for another ten minutes, until Tae decided that was enough, because the Haunters would be near to us by now.

Lily was quietly talking to Hazel, as we all settled around the car. We assumed them to being coming from our right, since that was the opposite direction from the town.

Tae took a deep breath from in front of me, taking a step back closer to me. I noticed JK do the same with Jimin, Lily was still talking to Hazel, who was nodding at her slowly. For a minute, nobody spoke. We were all on high alert, the Vampires were glancing ahead of us, narrowing their eyes into the trees around us.

"Six. Right ahead" Tae breathed out, so all of us heard.

I stood to the side of Tae, so I could see. I saw the blurring grey dashes, and flexed my fingers. My vines shot out from the trees around the Haunters, and we heard the screeches of the aggravated creatures that were caught in my net. Then I saw thick branches, bent down from the trees and stab into two of them, and I looked at Hazel, who was focusing on them.

I smiled as she looked over at me, still cautious.

Jimin rose his hand, and small ice rocks shot out from the ground around the remaining Haunters running towards us.

Tae tensed, as one was getting to close, pulling away from the others.

I quickly shot out some bolts from me, and the Haunter jolted as the current landed on it, and it fell to the floor. I pushed fire out from the ground underneath them, and within seconds it was melting away. I felt Jimin join in that, intensifying the flames.

I saw the last two, still struggling in the web of vines I had created, biting at their long limbs to try and get free. With one flick of my wrist, I shot out long angled icicles from the water in the ground, and they landed into their chests.

"Another group, five of them" JK quickly said, looking directly behind the other Haunters.

Tae whipped around, almost coming chest to chest with me, and looked behind me, "they've split around us"

I flexed my palm, sending out the electric currents once more, so they could find their targets. We heard the screeches, echoing from in front and behind us.

I could feel my bolts landing on the decaying skin, but I knew they hadn't landed on all of the Haunters.

"JK, Jimin, take the front" Tae quickly said.

I saw them, just as Tae grabbed me. Two Haunters had made their way up the thick trees about twenty feet from us, and were just jumping away. Just as I flicked my wrist, I was span around by Tae so I was now behind him.