| SEVENTY |

Two Years Later

I watched the sun rise, leaning on the glass balcony walls, overlooking the lake and hearing the sound of the waterfall. It was my favourite view in the world. The warm glow stretched over my bare arms, as I took in a deep breath. Today was the day where the laws I had come up with, were to be put into place, and I was nervous. As the news spread over Caligo two years ago, about the hidden Elemental half Fairy princess, it was very mixed. It took at least a year, for Tae to deem it was safe enough for me to start exploring Caligo. I didn't want to hide anymore, and the Vampires we passed on our travels, knew who I was just by my scent.

Some scowled, but others mostly bowed. The little children would jump up and down, excited to see me. I sprouted flowers into their hands, and that was what pulled the love from the people of Caligo, as one of the first thing I done for this Realm, was improve the schooling. I put into the younger generation, which was a sure start to gain the trust and admiration. I didn't want to be viewed as the soon to be Queen that didn't leave the Palace.

One things I asked Orlan about early on, was the 'blood banks' as Tae called them.

But it took a whole another year, for the details to be finalised. I knew I would be messing around with so many Vampires way of life, doing this. But it's what I wished for Caligo. There have been riots about it, which was a hard thing to over come. There still was uproar in certain counties in Caligo, but that was something that would take time.

The blood banks were no longer going to be live humans, but actual packs of blood that were harvested from Earth. Caligo already had such a strange reputation, that I will spend a long time making it a worthy reputation. I didn't want it to be a barbaric place, which is what many viewed it to be. Humans were still allowed in Caligo, but much like the new law with Fairies, they had to have permission to feed on them. I regarded humans in the same way as Fairies. I just wanted it to be a safe place.

But however, the Vampire had to request permission firstly to feed on a Fairy, because that is something that I needed to keep on top of. I couldn't have random Vampires going around feeding on countless Fairies, I wanted them to be loyal to one another. It had worked well over these past six months, I had around three couples come to the Palace, the Vampires were all women, with Fairies as their other halves. I promised there would be no repercussions if they came here, even if their relationship was formed with Lucile being the head of the throne. I was no person onto judge with that.

I saw those strong arms come either side of me as Tae's hands gripped onto the glass edge either side of my own.

"Morning, baby. You are up early" he breathed out.

I nodded, leaning back into his chest.

"It'll be fine. The people knew something like this was going to happen. You'll get the hard core ones being against it until they have no option, since they cannot pass through the portal" Tae muttered.

"It makes me nervous, that's all" I replied.

"And that's what makes you a brilliant soon to be Queen, you care about your people" he said, nuzzling into my neck.

I took a deep breath, and smiled.

The more weeks that went past, Orlan had only nodded encouragingly at me, each time I needed confirmation that I said the right thing. He hadn't needed to say a word for a while.