| FIFTY - FIVE |

I knew Castor could sense on how much magic was going to becoming towards him, the elements were dancing together, building in static energy around us. We could both taste it.

All at once, the ground around him was covered in a thick sheet of ice, not letting him defend himself with the earth. I let fire balls shoot away from me, making him focus on the most immediate threat, and while he was using my own ice against me in bringing it away from the ground to cover himself from the fire, I darted out one tiny bolt to my right. I made sure to keep his attention on me, by pushing with vines from the gaps around the ground I was creating, trying to snap at him but he kept them away with ice walls that he was quickly pulling away from the ground, and thickening it with his own ice.

And then I smiled, my tiny bolt, hand landed directly on the back of his neck.

"Ah, shit!" Castor breathed out, as everything melted away and both of us took a deep breath.

Out of everyone, the King looked the most impressed.

"I knew you would get me" Castor muttered as we walked back to the others.

"It was close" I smiled.

"No it wasn't" Lucas added, grinning at his brother.

"It was close, I agree. But well done Verity" King Orlan said with a nod of his head.

He glanced at his eldest son, and Castor looked at the ground, still breathing slightly heavily.

"Chin up, son. Granted it doesn't happen often, but there are always blood lines that are stronger than our own" King Orlan breathed out.

I looked up at him, "blood lines?"

King Orlan nodded, "we have ancient blood lines, just like your Vampire partner, Taehyung"

At the mention of Tae, we glanced over to him. He didn't show that he was flustered by the glances, but pursed his lips to seem like he wasn't trying to come across as intimating. He knew how much of an intense natural gaze he had.

"I didn't realise Fairies could have them" I muttered.

The King nodded, "it's rare. Our blood lines have been mixed to much with humans, at this point. Most Elementals that I have come across, are powerful yes, but they still don't match ours, I only know of two other Fairy ancient blood lines. And one died out, around twenty years ago"

I was quiet. At least this gave me something. One of my parents surely had to come from an Fairy ancient blood line.

Afterwards, Hazel shown us around the grounds, which was just as beautiful as I expected. Then she said she would pick us all up from our rooms, at around eight in the evening, and to be ready by then. My room was large and covered in red features, with my own balcony. I could feel Tae, right next door which was comforting. Lily was staying with Hazel, because I knew Hazel didn't want her being uncomfortable without her partner not being with her. It was already hard for a Vampire to be here as it was. I felt Tae nearer to me, as I looked over at the vegetation around the Palace, and I chuckled as I saw him appear from below the balcony, climbing up and around the white slats. He gave me a wink, as we both walked to one another and he pulled me into his arms.

"Well that was a long day already" he breathed out.

I smiled, just glad to be able to touch him freely.

"Thank you for coming, I know this is hard" I replied.

He ran his hand up and down my back, "it isn't hard, I can deal with the stares from the brothers. What's hard is always being watched, that's all"

We were quiet for a few minutes, as we went and sat on the deck chair.

"Was it nice relating to another Elemental? I could feel you enjoying being able to relate with someone, when you were talking in the helicopter" Tae breathed out.

I nodded, turning to look at him, "honestly it is. The whole of my life since I was young, I've spent it thinking that I was strange being able to control all of the elements. So I guess it's just the validation that I'm not alone with the feelings about it. It's also realising my own power"

Tae gave me a small smile, "you smashed the duel, I'm proud of you"

I leant down, pressing my lips against his before I smiled at him.

"It was testing. But also eye opening in seeing how full on it is, going against an Elemental" I muttered.

"I know you have more questions about the blood line thing" he said, rubbing his hand up and down my back.

I nodded slowly, "more questions that I won't get the answer to"

Tae pursed his lips, "I'm sorry, baby"

I smiled, "I'll try and grab the King to ask more about it, at the party"

-♕-