| SIXTY - EIGHT |

The guards bowed at me, which was something I knew I wouldn't ever get used to. Tae was right beside me, still on guard more than anything. After a few minutes, Tae tugged me down a corridor, and I recognised this wide corridor.

More guards bowed, avoiding eye contact with me, but what surprised me was to see one of the guards smiling gently as I looked at them. Tae shut the door behind us, we were in the small suite we were held all afternoon. So much had happened since then.

He passed me water bottle as I went out into the balcony, and sat down.

"What are your thoughts?" I asked.

Tae shrugged one shoulder, "as much as I don't want to be King, I can't denounce it, baby. Caligo will not be happy with a Fairy King, ruling them"

I took a deep breath and glanced out at the deep moons that were nearly covering one another in the  star filled sky. It was so bright.

I was not ready for this.

I couldn't become a Queen, when I had no idea onto what I was doing. I didn't want my council members taking the lead in certain things, because I would be learning and ruling at the same time. That wasn't a strong Queen. I didn't want Caligo to be vulnerable. And my obligation of being a Keeper of the Realms caught in my mind. I still had a job to do, Lumen and Caligo would not be safe until all of the Haunters were hunted. And that thought excited me, if I could get through this, these Haunters were the least of my problems. But a priority for me.

But something chewed at me, while I knew I was half Vampire, I didn't remotely feel like one. I thought back, I knew I was stronger and faster than other Fairies, when I used to jump out of the Institution windows, which seemed like a lifetime ago.

"I'm a Fairy though. I am so much more a Fairy, than I am Vampire. I don't need to feed on blood" I muttered.

"You are so much stronger than any other Vampires. Because of your elements. All of your gifts from the Vampire blood line, has gone to that to make you stronger that way, rather than say in physical appearances. Like my teeth, and my eyes" Tae breathed out.

I sighed.

This Palace was the only place I could call home, because of the fact my Mother grew up here. I hadn't ever had four walls to call my own let alone a whole Palace.

I didn't want to give up the throne, but I was not ready to become Queen. Another ten minutes went by as I thought things over, before I patted at Tae's thigh, and he took my hand as we walked back to the room where we had left Orlan and his sons. The open display of affection warmed my heart.

"Sure you know what you want?" Tae asked.

I nodded, before the guards opened the doors.

Orlan waited until we had sat down, before raising his eyebrows at us.

"I don't want to be Queen, right now," I paused, seeing the brothers al glancing at one another, "so what I'm asking you to is take the throne for me, until I'm ready for it"

Now, Orlan grinned.

I was surprised by that, and creased my expression together.

"I was hoping you would think of that. I would have taken the throne if you both denounced, but it's not mine to take, Veri. It's yours, and it always will be. It's your birth right" he smiled at me.

"Thank you. I have a lot to learn, and the Haunters are still a slight problem. Tae and I need to keep our titles as Keepers, until that is dealt with. And I'm sure the people of Caligo will understand that. There is a lot I want to change, and I know I'll need all the knowledge to do that, without going in blind" I breathed out.