Chapter 29: Finally

Start from the beginning

"Oh God Jess." I said running into the room and collapsed at her bed side.

The nurse followed me in and stood on the foot of Jessicas bed.

"I know this is slightly bad timing but we really need you to fill out the rest of your childs form. Name and things like that. It wont take a minute." She said handing me the papers.

"Yeah I understand." Taking them from her hand.

"Whats her name going to be?" She inquired "For the tag."

"Dylan Brett Irwin." I awkwardly smiled as I filled out the remained of the form.

"Would you like to meet her then?" She asked with a smile.

I looked at Jessica in her state and held her hand "I wouldnt want anything more."

I was so shitting bricks for this. I am going to meet this little person that I helps bring into the world and now she in the world. She is vulnerable to everything. I want to help her but I am not going to be here forever. I just frozen as I saw the nurse reappear again.

"You ready?" She asked as she got closer to me.

"Ready for what years of tampons, mascara, clothes and boy problems... Yeah no." I laughed.

"Your funny arent you." She laughed "You sure know how to keep yourself together."

"No Im dying inside honestly but I need to be strong under certain circumstances." I smiled and received a smile back.

She lifted out a tidy baby from the cot, wrapped in a white blanket with a soft pink hat over her small head. I automatically frozen and clutched on to the arms on the chair. This is it. Its real. I have a child.

"Time to meet your Daddy." She giggled talking to my baby "Here you go" She carefully handed me Dylan.

"H-H-Hi Dyl. Im your Dad." I smiled wider then I ever have before. She was so small and one wrong move and I will mess up.

"Look at that. Your a natural." She gestured towards me.

" I am scared to move." I whispered. I couldnt stop looking at her. She was beautiful.

"Dont worry Im here for you. Your fine." She indicated.

"Has Jessica met Dylan yet?" I said looking up, as it came to my mind that she probably didnt.

"Unfortunately not. She lost consciousness before she was able to meet your daughter." She sighed again. God she is a sighing type of person.

"Oh, she is going to adore you. Like I adore her." I spoke down to Dylan.

The way Dylan had her head to the side she reminded me a lot about her uncle Michael.

SHIT. Michael!

"Sorry can you hold Dylan for a minute I forgot to tell her family." I panicked and gave Dylan to the nurse.

"Of course."

I whipped my phone out from my pocket and was trying to decide who to call first. Okay Michael.

*Ring-Ring-Ring*

"Yallo?" Michael cheerfully answered the phone.

"Michael me and Jessica are in the hospital. She went into labour." I said wishing I didnt have to continued.

"Oh thats amazing! BABE JESS HAD HER BABY." I heard him shouting to Lucy who by the sounds of it was not on the same planet as him.

"Mikey.." I paused to take a breath "Jessica is in a coma." I said looking over at Jessica in her state and then looked up to the nurse who momentarily brought contact with Dylan