❝𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐗𝐄𝐒 & 𝐊𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑❞

Start bij het begin

But Olivia was focused on one photo. It was a photo of two boys, their arms over each other, smiling widely. Regulus Black and Sebastian King. Her father was friends with Regulus.

Of course, she already knew this, Sirius and Remus had told her bits and pieces about her father that she never got to learn.

They searched the room, looking for any sign of the locket. It was like every other room in the house, it had already been turned over. Someone had gone through the whole house.

"Accio locket." Hermione tried.

"Is that it, then? It's not here." Ron was disappointed.

"Oh, it could still be here, but under counter-enchantments." Hermione said. "Charms to prevent it from being summoned magically, you know."

"Like Voldemort put on the stone basin in the cave." Harry voiced.

"How are we supposed to find it then?" Ron questioned.

"We do it the muggle way." Olivia rolled her eyes and led the search around the room.

They searched for hours, moving aside furniture and checking every possible place. They had no luck.

· · ─────── ϟ ─────── · ·

They were now in the kitchen, having moved down to search Kreacher's nest of belongings.

"Kreacher!" Harry called out. There was a crack and then the old house elf appeared before them.

"Master," Kreacher croaked out as he bowed. "Back in my Mistress's old house with the blood-traitor's Weasley, King and the mudblood—"

"I forbid you to call anyone 'blood traitor' or 'mudblood." Harry growled. "I've got a question for you and I order you to answer it truthfully. Understand?"

"Yes, master."

"Two years ago, there was a big gold locket in the drawing room upstairs. We threw it out. Did you steal it back?"

"Yes."

"Where is it now?"

Kreacher closed his eyes. "Gone."

"Gone? What do you mean, it's gone?"

Kreacher shivered.

"Kreacher, I order you—"

"Mundungus Fletcher." Kreacher's eyes were shut as he spoke. "Mundungus Fletcher stole it all, Miss Bella's and Miss Cissy's pictures, my mistress's gloves, the Order of Merlin, First Class, the goblets with the family crest, and—and—" Kreacher gulped for air and his eyes opened. "—and the locket, Master Regulus' locket. Kreacher did wrong, Kreacher failed in his orders!"

Kreacher lunged for the poker, but Harry was quick enough, tackling the elf and flattening him.

"Kreacher, I order you to stay still!"

Kreacher laid still and tears gushed from his eyes.

"Harry, let him up!" Hermione whispered.

"So, he can beat himself up with the poke?" Harry snorted. "I don't think so. Right. Kreacher, I want the truth; how do you know Mundungus Fletcher stole the locket?"

"Kreacher saw him! Kreacher saw him coming out of Kreacher's cupboard with his hands full of Kreacher's treasures. Kreacher told the sneak thief to stop, but Mundungus Fletcher laughed and r-ran..."