Is something wrong with me?

Start from the beginning

"Almost there, my dear snails, don't give up!" Taehyung whispers in our ears and I huff a yes with Namjoon as our eyes are fixing the door. Almost there.

Just as we near the door, our goal finally within reach, Namjoon stumbles on his feet, which results in pushing me a little to the side. My hip bumps into something and I feel my heart stop at the sound of the object falling to the ground. I quickly look to the side to see a picture frame on the ground.

I fall on my knees, faking tears as I slowly grab it in my hands like a newborn baby and look up to Namjoon with betrayed eyes. "Joonie... what have you done?" I whimper and his mouth opens, confused and lost eyes gazing at the object in my hands. "It's not brok-"

Taehyung falls to the ground next to me with a loud cry, resulting in a few doors opening to see what is going on. I can hear Namjoon apologize deeply for bothering them, but we're not ready to stop just yet.

I let Taehyung slowly take it from my hands. "It... it was so young... yet now... over... all gone" he whispers and then starts fake crying as he wraps his right arm around my shoulders in a comforting manner. "We shall not forget its sacrifice..." I add and we snuggle our heads together as we mourn the fall of New York. It will never be the same again.

"Okay... hum... I think we'll join the others..." Jimin eventually says and grips Jungkook arms before making their way inside the room, giving us one last look before closing the door.

I look up from our dramatic scene once I start feeling Namjoon low key panicking when he realizes he's creating trouble at his workplace. Taehyung and I sigh in unison before helping each other stand up and we put the frame back before opening the door, much to the doctor's relief.

I clear my throat and take a seat between Jin and Yoongi, nudging both of their shoulders when they try to ignore me. They don't last long though when a smile creeps onto Jin's face. Or when Yoongi pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue before nudging me back softly, his eyes holding that same warm light they usually have when he gazes at his soulmates.

"So" Namjoon starts once getting himself out of the snail mentality and back into a doctor, which is the reason of our presence here. "Y/N, can I please ask you to remove your shoes and take a seat on the exam table, please" he says professionally and I suddenly straighten up, surprised by the sudden change of behavior. I remove my camera from around my neck and put it in Hoseok's hands when I see them appear in my range of sight. I thank him with a smile, I know he'll take good care of it.

Anyway, the screen is already broken, it doesn't really matter, I'll have to repair it later. Or find someone to repair it for me if the cracks go deeper than the main lentil. But then again, maybe it's time I get a new one, there are so many great cameras now and I can't allow myself to create lower quality pictures than the other artists at the gallery, I'm the owner and therefore I should act like i-

Jungkook tickles my waist, which forces me out of my thoughts and up from my chair with a yelp and I turn back with a frown only to be met with his proud little smile. I frown and ruffle his hair playfully. He tries to swat my hand away with a wide smile, happy with the attention when Namjoon suddenly clears his throat, making me aware of the current situation. This is no time to play. I give Jungkook one last ruffle and slowly make my way to the kind of bed after removing my shoes and sit on it with a very manly grunt.

Because imagine Namjoon's height, that's how high the exam table needs to be. Up to his waist. That's how high I need to jump. My poor small legs.

He gets his notepad and starts entering the basic information that he already knows, which is pretty much everything. He tilts his head from time to time when he thinks about something, his hands writing prettily some words that exist only in his domain. Once done and satisfied, he puts it aside and looks at me with smiling eyes.