I heard some rustling behind me and saw that Christina was getting up. "Sorry, I didn't want to wake you. I thought I was being quiet." I apologized. She just waved me off. "Nah, it's all good. What time is it?" She asked. I shrugged. How was I supposed to know, one, I don't where watches, and two, there was no clock around here. Wait, my cell phone...

"Wait, I'll just check my cell." I ran over to my bag sitting on the grass. Ripping my phone out of my bag, I flipped my phone open and checked the time. Ten thirty am. Hmm...but something on my screen caught my attention. I had one text message and six missed calls all from the same number. My face started turning a bit red. My duties called.

"Uh...it's ten thirty. But, Christina? I have to get going. So...well." I looked around at all the trees around us. Then at my house a little ways away from us. "Why, what's the matter?" She asked innocently. I wanted to tell Christina so badly, but I knew she wouldn't understand or believe it. And it doesn't matter how I feel about it, I cant tell anyways. "Nothing, family problems." I tried to explain still clutching my phone in my hands and grabbing my bag off the grass.

Christina started rolling up her sleeping bag. I didn't sleep with one so I didn't need to fiddle with that stuff. "Umm...I hate to ask this, but will you be okay going back to my house alone?" Christina nodded. "Yeah, come on Mackenna, it's only like what? Right down the road. But wouldn't your mom be going with you if it was a family emergency?" Dang it, she found the loop hole. Of course she did. She always does.

"Yeah, normally. But she usually doesn't like to get involved." I simply said. "Okay, are you sure you're okay? Like packing up and everything? I should be back home before you have to go. I'm sorry I feel bad doing this..." I babbled. A low howl echoed in the distance, that's when I knew I had to go. "I'll be fine. Thanks for letting me spend the night. I really didn't feel like staying home with my mom and her boyfriend. Talk about nasty." Christina shuttered.

I laughed and started running toward my house. "Okay, I promise I'll be back before you have to go!" I yelled as I was running. "Okay, see you!" Christina yelled back.

Right when I knew Christina couldn't see me anymore I turned an abrupt left into the dense woods. Running through with my bag and cell phone in hand.

I just kept running. I didn't really know where I was going, but all I did was just followed my extremely high senses that I obtained with this curse. Pretty soon my nose told me to go left, a familiar sense lead me in that direction. Maybe a bit too familiar. It took me a little bit to realize, but my eyes actually closed while I kept running. Whenever my senses really kick in, for some reason, they work better when my eyes are shut down.

On the way, I smelled a pretty appetizing scent, but ignored it because Alpha's orders are Alpha's orders. If there's a pack meeting, it's almost like a spell is put on you that you have to be there. No one can disobey the Alpha, no matter how hard they try.

Oh how I hated this. Being a werewolf was very infuriating. But I had to learn to control myself more often because I didn't want to transform in front of some innocent humans or anything like that.

We weren't the type of werewolves that change every night or are the really ugly creatures or anything of that sort. We just looked like huge wolves. The only time we don't have control of our phasing is on a full moon. One time a month we have no choice but to turn into one, whether we like it or not. Almost as big as a cow probably. It is a bit challenging to stay under cover, but your instincts kick in and it gets easier.

Being a werewolf is a disadvantage on it's own. Not phasing in front of people, having to leave friends to go to pack meetings, having to drop everything you're doing just to obey Alpha's orders. I mean I was sixteen for god's sake! Cut me a little slack! I have a busy life.

I rolled my eyes as I approached our meadow. We called it the Blistine Meadow. Blistine because that's what our pack was called. I don't know how that name began, but all I know is that's why the meadow's named that.

We don't have to worry about humans coming to the meadow because this place was sacred and protected by a line of magic that protects us from curious humans. I don't know. To me, it all sounds all mushy and 'Disneyland' themed. The whole 'if you believe' stuff. I don't really buy it, but somehow, I can change into this humungous creature, so there has to be something. Right? Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Right smack in the middle of the meadow, was a whole group of gigantic wolves. My pack. I felt my lip quiver into a frown. I hated this. I didn't sign up for this, it's just flat out unfair.

"Do I really have to phase?" I yelled down to Alpha. All heads turned to look except for one. Alpha Aidan, the biggest wolf, sandy colored with a bit of auburn red and black along his back. He slowly turned to look me straight in the eyes and that's all I need. One thing about being a wolf, is we can sense people's emotions. Humans, animal, werewolves, anything. It was pretty cool sometimes, but it sometimes wasn't that best thing in the world. It's just as good as reading minds, which kind of sucked. And again, that's something that I had to learn how to control. It seemed like I was the only wolf that had trouble controlling everything. I was the youngest, but Evan joined after me and he's almost as calm as Aidan is, and that's impressive. I could tell that Aidan was feeling a bit annoyed right now, probably because I was late.

Even though Aidan was the Alpha, he wasn't the oldest by any means. No one knows how old he really is, but I guess about eighteen? Nineteen? Somewhere around there. Another weird thing about this whole wolf thing, is that I was the only girl. The absolute only girl in our whole pack. Our pack wasn't great, it only had six wolves in it including me and Aidan.

Evan, his pure white fur shined in the sun, gave me a warning glance. Trying to sense his emotions correctly, I think he was trying to say that this was a serious meeting and Aidan is not in the joking mood. I bowed my head and sat my bag and cell phone down on the grass. "Fine." I rolled my eyes and in an instance, I jumped into the air and transformed from human to wolf.

The transformation always felt a little strange. Uncomfortable, if you will. Feeling the fur grow throughout your body and feeling your legs and arms grow felt very...odd. When your head transforms is probably the weirdest part of it all.

When my paws hit the ground I immediately got a boat load of thoughts rush into my brain, questioning me. The most loudest of them being Evan's. Of course. Oh yeah, did I mention Evan's my brother?

'What the hell were you doing? Why are you late?' Evan pounded right as I phased. A low growl formed in the back of my throat, but immediately got silenced when a loud thought erupted through my head. 'Mackenna! Control yourself! Now!' I had no choice but to obey. 'Alpha Aidan' I thought and rolled my eyes. I always forget to watch my thoughts when I'm phased because it's public for my whole pack to hear. 'I heard that. Remember, pack telepathy.' He reminded me. 'Yeah, a little late for that.' I shot back.

'Quit being such a bitch Mackenna. Really, you need to pull your head out of your-' I cut Michael off before he could go any farther. 'Maybe you should. You guys gotta give me some slack, I'm not as good at this like you guys are. I mean look at Evan! I changed after him and I still am not getting this whole thing!' I protested. 'Quiet! Everyone!' Aidan barked. All of us sat down in unison in response to Aidan's orders.

'Thank you.' Aidan replied as if nothing really happened. 'Now, I called this meeting to warn everyone what might be happening soon.' Every wolf was quiet, completely listening to Aidan. 'I came to warn you about the Nunubu pack.'