Watty's 2014 : People's Choice Award Winner : knighstrachel

Title : My Brother's Best Friend

Author : knightsrachel

Summary : Emily Winston has returned back home after spending a year in London. She comes home to her shared apartment with her twin brother, Emmett, to find that Emmett has offered his best friend, Parker Adams, a room in their apartment. Parker & Emily struggle to get along, including daily squabbles and constant insults. How will Emily survive living with Parker Adams?

*This book deals with issues such as Anorexia and self-harm.

Genre : Teenfiction

Link : External link

Interview with the Author

1) What inspired you into writing?

-I've always had the itch I think. I just one day decided to put it down onto paper. I created my own ending to a movie (Firehouse Dog) because I didn't like the ending they'd provided, I thought it was too cheesy. And then from there I began to develop my own stories.

2) What are the works written by you?

-Errors of the Heart

-Enduring the Fire & Ashes

-Living with the Walker Boys & Here to Win

-One of the Boys

-Monroe Academy for the Arts

-Learning to Dance in the Rain

-Along For the Ride & You Belong With Me

-Coming Together

-Recreating Kasey Taylor

-The Golden Couple

-My Brother's Best Friend & Jefferson Lake

3) How was the journey of writing 'My Brother's Best Friend'has been like?

-It was a roller coaster. I had an idea of where I wanted the story to go where I started, but the story had it's ups and downs and lefts and rights and it got a little crazy. But I'm happy to say that everything tied together in the end.

4) What is the story about and who is your favorite character?

-The story is about a girl named Emily Winston who moves back home after a year of being away, only to discover that her brother has acquired another roommate while she was gone, his best friend Parker Adams, who she despises. It follows Parker & Emily's relationship unfolding, diving into both of their surprising pasts and secrets and taking you in places you never expected to be.

4) What is the story about and who is your favorite character?

-The story is about a girl named Emily Winston who moves back home after a year of being away, only to discover that her brother has acquired another roommate while she was gone, his best friend Parker Adams, who she despises. It follows Parker & Emily's relationship unfolding, diving into both of their surprising pasts and secrets and taking you in places you never expected to be.

-My favorite character would have to be Lee Adams. He's spunky, lovable and someone you can't help but want to squish up real tight.