Honey, I Shrunk The Kids [Pt.5]

Van was in front of Hoseok's studio now. Because of its now smaller stature, it resorted to knocking on the door instead.

The man soon appeared, and upon noticing the robot, he welcomed it in with a big heart-shaped smile.

Van walked in and waved to both Hobi and Mang, who was perched cutely on the table.

"Welcome to Hope World!! I hope you like it here."

"Mang maang!"

The man moved back to his seat and watched as the robot looked around the place.

"My room isn't anything like Yoongi-hyung's or Namjoonie's... I don't have that much equipment as they do, but this is good enough for me."

Van was still taking in everything when it noticed the KAWS display. It walked up to it, pressing its face onto the glass to take a closer look. When its face collided with the glass, it made a weird 'thonk' sound, making the rapper laugh at it.

Hobi rolled up to it, patting its head as the robot looked at the figurines with interest. It looked back up to the man, questioningly pointing at them.

"Those are called KAWS Companion. And the other one is called Bearbrick. Both are designed by KAWS who is an artist."

Van nodded and turned back to press its face even further into the glass case, making the same noise again. It made some excited whirring noises as it looked at all the figurines one by one.

As Van was busy scanning the figurines, Hobi decided to let it enjoy itself as he continued working on some melody he was thinking about. He heard little frustrated squeaks and whines from the tiny creature near him, and smiled softly when he noticed Mang trying to cuddle against a doll he gave her.

The doll appeared too stiff though, and Mang was struggling to get comfortable. Her size really made it hard for her.

"Mangie... not comfortable?" he spoke softly, reaching a finger to stroke her tiny head.

"M-Mang..."

Yea, today hasn't been easy for her. Her tiny size has made her get car sick easily, and she didn't even get to eat the snacks he prepared with Jin-hyung for them all. And now she's struggling again to even relax as she doesn't have anything to play with properly except for the dolls. But even then, too many dolls proved it was too stuffy for her as she was with her mask on.

He sighed softly at that, finger now scratching the bottom of her chin as she leaned into it, tail thumping cutely behind her.

"I'm sorry about this... I'm not really sure how else I could help you. You think Van would have something for you?"

Upon hearing its name, Van whirred and walked up to them, standing next to the rapper's chair as it looked up with a questioning hum.

"Ah Van," he gave a pat on the robot's head, "Mang hasn't been feeling all too good ever since she turned small. And it's hard to make sure she's comfy. You think you can help her a bit?"

Van stood still for a moment, before making a soft whirring noise as it walked up to the couch, picking up a scarf that had been hanging on one of them. It opened up its torso, revealing the small space in it before stuffing the scarf to make the bedding.

Hobi caught on to what it was doing, and he gently scooped Mang into his hands, before turning to Van again to help her inside.

She clambered in weakly, squeaking again as she nuzzled against Hobi's scarf, inhaling deeply, and letting out a sigh as her body relaxed. The warmth and the scent of Hobi's scarf made her feel sleepy again, and the cooling air Van provided helped her feel more comfortable and at ease.

Seeing her body slumped and relaxed had her companion let out a grateful sigh to the robot.

"Thank you so much Van. Would you like to stay in here a little longer to watch or do you wanna go out?"

Van had Mang resting in it, so it was fine if it moved outside a bit. But it decided that it would like to stay and watch over her, so the robot shook its head and gestured at Mang, then gestured at the space next to the man, signalling that it was gonna stand and watch a little longer.

"Oh okay then. You are welcomed to stay as long as you like," the man replied, hand going up to rub the robot's head again before he continued his work.

A few minutes into his song-making, Hoseok pulled out his earphones to check on the two. Van appeared to be in its sleep mode and Mang has now sprawled on her tummy, sleeping peacefully. He smiled a bit at that, and bit his lip when he realised Van was playing one of his songs, 'Blue Side', softly for her. He shook his head at the cuteness displayed and turned back to continue.

🧣