Chapter 2.

Niall's POV

You'd think with all the pounding, loud music I'd find it hard to concentrate, but surprisingly I was so focused I barely noticed the world revolving around me. As I watched her all that seeped into my mind was our song; She's Not Afraid. I barely knew the girl but the lyrics were so fitting in some instances it was uncanny. She had guys approaching her from every angle at the club, she wasn't fazed by a single one, yet she never let them push their limits. She was intriguing if I'm honest. A tease. I picked my glass up of the table, only to realise it was empty after attempting to pour the non-existent contents in my mouth. I furrowed my eyebrows at my glass, wondering how I could have missed the fact my glass was dry to the bone. I sighed before walking towards the bar, I needed to loosen up for a while or just stop looking like a complete stalker. Either one works for me.

"Same again." I shouted over the thumping music to the bartender. He nodded in response before taking my empty glass and replacing it with a fresh one. "Thanks." I half mouthed, half spoke since he probably couldn't hear me very well anyway. I swung around on the barstool I had positioned myself on and glanced around the VIP lounge. Surprise surprise my eyes landed back on the girl I couldn't tear my eyes away from all night. I can't put my finger on what it is but something attracts me to her. I haven't said one word to her and I'm probably running out of time to make a move. I brought the glass back up to mouth, taking a large gulp, mainly for courage. I don't think I'd ever been this curious about someone before, I normally wait for something to happen to bring us together but the mysteriousness surrounding this situation is eating me alive. Just as I got up to make some sort of move I was practically knocked off my feet by a fellow band member.

"Going somewhere?" Harry asked, wiggling his eyebrows the best he could in his alcohol induced state.

"Just for a walk." I replied vaguely as his liquor smelling breath wafted up my nose, making me take a step back from him.

"Sureeee." He slurred as he attempted to wink. It looked more like he was having some sort of seizure, however I'm sure the majority of the female population would still find that attractive.

"Your girlfriend is behind you!" I shouted over the music, pointing in the opposite direction of where I was heading.

"Where?!" He hollered back in a frantic search, before I had chance to reply he was already charging towards that side of the dance floor. I couldn't help but laugh to myself, silly boy doesn't even have a girlfriend.

I weaved in and out of people, attempting to reach the circle forming in the middle out of the party I was a part of. Just as I reached the crowd an obnoxious drunk girl, who could barely walk in her ridiculously high heels stumbled towards me, I didn't have a chance to do anything, so she fell, knocking my drink all down me. I watched her fall to the floor, offering her no sympathy but my gut instinct was kicking in and I couldn't leave her on the ground. I reluctantly pulled her off the floor, she gripped my shoulder like her life depended on it. Luckily, for me someone she knew, at least I hope, took her off my hands, literally. I watched for a second as a fairly tall guy flung her over her shoulder like she was a piece of meat and tossed her into a booth. There are people that know their alcohol limits, and then there are some that don't. I shook my head before peering down at my clothes, I had a nice wet patch where I didn't particular want one. Unfortunately my shirt was also damp so the remainder of the night I'm going to have to put up with walking around smelling like an alcoholic.

"Looks like you've pulled." I whipped my head up when I heard a girls voice filter through my ears. The corner of my lips pulled upwards when I realised who it was. Awkwardly my lips failed to move, so I stood in complete silence. Not the greatest first impression.