❅T.F.A Holiday Special❅

Standing near my window as the sun rises has me realizing how much cooler it's gotten in my room

Standing near my window as the sun rises has me realizing how much cooler it's gotten in my room. Well overall how much cooler it's gotten in Konoha.

Winter in my village was often filled with snow early on into the year, and to my knowledge, Konoha is almost there. The water forms a light sheen of ice from time to time and most shinobi have changed into their winter clothing.

There's no doubt that I miss the feeling of snow, but with the Holidays arising soon, I don't consider there's much time for snowfall these days.

Raising my hand to the window I unlock it and slide it open. When a gust of wind hits my face and my hair flies back from it I blink in shock. It was never this windy before!

The cold is obviously not a problem for me, in fact, it genuinely feels normal, but when the winds cause scrolls, curtains, and an array of other objects to shoot in different directions I quickly shut it closed. What bipolar weather!

Just yesterday it was humid and now I could guess a hurricane coming! 

When my excess hair falls backwards right in front of my face from the whiplash of the wind, I annoyedly flip it back. Yeah, Definitely a hurricane!

Remembering that I have a 'team meeting' with the others I get even more annoyed. Asuma can't expect all of us to get to the restaurant today.

What even are these 'team meetings' anyway? I just stare as the others talk amongst themselves and Choji drains Asumas wallet for the second time of the week. And I have to secretly end up helping with the bill! When I didn't even eat anything!

God, being such a benevolent girl with a ton of inheritance money is hard these days...

Letting out a long sigh I pull my arms over my head and stretch. I could flake if I wanted to. But after our little punching brawl in the chunin exams, (that occurred months ago!) I have room to assume that Asuma still doesn't believe Shikamaru and I have made up.

We have. We just make fun of one another is all.

Instead, I can't even make a joke about Shikamarus height, or the obtuse posture he carries himself with, without a certain man giving me the side eye!

The only thing that brings be joy I can't even do!

I click my teeth just thinking about it. Tomorrow's Christmas Eve and I don't even know what to get that boy. And, these next three days are supposed to be our resting period, yet here I am, changing from my comfortable nightgown, to my everyday wear.

The things I do for these leaf folk.

Finishing off with my mask and clothes on, I wrap my bundle of black hair in a taut bun, holding it together with the headpiece.