Chapter 39

A moment of silence goes by while the person by the door stares at us, and all of us practically in a brawl staring at the person by the door. The only person who breaks the silence is Ino.

"Uh. Asuma-sensei! It's not what it looks like!...."

"Okay, it is what it looks like, but not like that!" She frantically spurts out as all four of us slowly let go of each other.

"Everybody sit down."

...............

We all quickly fall back to our seats as we struggle to fit all four of us

We all quickly fall back to our seats as we struggle to fit all four of us. When I sit down I hang off the edge again. In annoyance I scoot inside roughly causing Shikamaru to tilt sideways. In response he moves closer to the edge and I begin to fall sideways.

This results in another fight and I end up on the ground, butt hitting the hardwood floor. "Are you a child?" I say through my teeth in frustration as Shikamaru looks down at me from my seat. Shikamaru opens his mouth to retort but freezes when he gets interrupted by Asuma. "You two. Stop."

I find myself sitting on the floor with my forearm resting on my raised knee. We four sit in silence for what feels like hours. The tension grows and the silence begins to become loud. Asuma Just stands and stares at us in disbelief. I let out a huff and pull my hair out of the ribbon. It falls to the sides of my face and I grab the ends of my hair and mess with them to avoid feeling awkward. I do not know what is worse, getting caught calling him a bastard, or this.

The silence is broken by a sigh from Asuma. "I've come before the end of the third exam to congratulate you all and suggest we celebrate tonight, but when I do, I find you four fighting?" He says before a moment of silence goes by between all of us.

"It was Lady Akari and Shikamaru! Not us! And it was Shikamarus fault!" Ino exclaims as Asuma turns to us. "Hell, why is it my fault! You didn't even hear our conversation." Shikamaru retorts back. "I heard enough." Ino firmly says looking away from him. "This is all such a drag." Shikamaru complains before getting cut off by Asuma. "Everyone. Calm down. Let's hear what Akari has to say." He says and they turn their heads to me.

"No comment."

Asuma sighs and turns to Choji. "Choji?" He asks. Choji Looks around nervously and I can see him swallow a lump within his throat. "Uh, well. Lady Akari and Shikamaru both did things, but Lady Akari was being a little mean-"

"Choji, you traitor!" Ino says rather loudly with a fist in the air.

"At least someone's on my side." Shikamaru shrugs.