Chapter 64

"Here. Don't think about it too much." He offers, a smile on his face.

The corner of my lift begins to lift as I glance over his shoulder, reading the name of the flower.

A daffodil.

My lips begin to lift equally as I place my sunflowers down and pick the single daffodil from his hold. "Thank you." I say. Because truly, I am thankful.

...............

"Akari

"Akari...Is that really you?!" I hear, a loud feminine voice in disbelief. Of course it's recognizable, Perhaps I had ulterior motives coming down this hall, knowing that she would see me.

I watch as she turns around from the front desk of the hospital. Her feet moving quickly to reach me. I expect her to stop midway, or to even give me a signal for her next move. But with how quickly she opens her arms to engulf them around my neck, I fall back a bit, not ready for the impact.

Her voice vibrates to the side of my ear. "Please say something so I know you aren't just a random girl with a pretty face."

My eyes widen a tad as I recall her last memory of me, my unmasking. Soon thereafter I was arrested the same day. I also only wear the under layers of my clothing, bland sheaths, untucked at every bit. Only in the morning had I decided to tuck my pants into my boots to seem more put together. And my headpiece—I did not think it was a good time to wear it out. When will it ever be?

I feel my lips tense a bit, unable to control how they quirk up at the sides. I pat a small corner of her back. "You think I am pretty?"

Her body releases all hesitation, she recognizes my voice. "It is you!" She exclaims, her voice moving ten miles per second. "I feel like I haven't seen you in months!" She continues, pulling away from her air right hug, her voice slowly drowning out, blue eyes landing upon my face.

"Wow..."

For a moment all parts of my face furrow and tense, my eyes even begin to glance away into the ceiling and into the floor. I haven't had someone so openly analyze each feature of my face—it is strange.