Epilogue

Silence

Silence. It was something Temilade was not fond of. The buzzing, continuous sound. Every word spoken at any time had filled her thoughts. Of good ones, of thoughts that were productive—and distracted her of the bothersome ones.

Every moment in her life, she felt she had known everything. And yet, she was taken aback, yanked to the edge, and thrown. Just for her to crawl at the sides, and desperately attempt to climb up again. That is what Akari had done to her.

The absence of sound. As she sits at the Hinode dining table, she had been ruptured by those bothersome thoughts, instead of the nice, kind ones.

They sat far from each other. Temilade right in the middle, her elder sister Adeyemi and the edge, and her father, on the entirely opposite side.

She clung to the sound of the utensils clinking against the glass plates, or the sounds of chewing. She waited until the very last moment when the noise dispersed away into thin air.

None of her family had said much to her. Many tears were shed. Many silent stares. She knew her father was angry. And she was not surprised in the slightest, the only person that could ever rattle his calm demeanor. To change his calm spring into a tsunami was The Ayumu Emperor.

She would guess that it is in the blood.

Unable to handle it any longer, Temilade takes a napkin from her side and pats the sides of her lips clean, "Where is brother?" She questions. For a moment, she had not heard her own voice in a while. It startled her.

The buzz in the air is obnoxiously annoying, and thickening as the Duke slowly sets his plate to the side. Merely a few bites taken. It would seem that son had been on his mind quite a bit. "I haven't a clue but he'd better hope he's around here soon."

Temilade notices just about everything about her father. Her ears desperately hold onto the noise he makes, the short breaths, and the way he hops his knee up and down as he sits. "I must speak with him." He murmurs.

Quickly, she removes her orange eyes from the body of her father, somehow thinking he was to notice and snap at her. "He did say he was rather ill." She mumbles as she stares into her full plate.

And for a moment, a new noise enters the scene. The deeper, and more mellow toned voice of her sisters. "Oh he'll be fine..." she adds, speaking assured of herself.

Temilade stops herself from saying much, ignoring the fact that her sister had little to no empathy for their brother. Sure he had off days, but Lade loved him. Does Adeyemi too?

She resists opening up her taut mouth when a butler of some kind appears at her father's side. Stiff in nature, and a crease within their brows.

She simply watches she would've thought every pot, pan, and painting had watched intently. After their situation, how could they not?