Chapter 11

A taut feeling soon follows as he stares up at me. "Just think of this as a form of comfort, okay?"

Once he finishes, he lets go of my wrist, turning around and heading back inside the house.

My lips part as I'm now stood by myself in the cold, the nightly winds swaying my nightgown against my ankles, my arm held in the same position it was once in.

My eyes slowly fall to my hand, my now wrapped hand.

Comfort?

...................

Fatigue

Fatigue.

On the days where food was scarce, and the nights where I lay empty-headed on the grass, the moon turning my skin a light shade of blue, I'd tell myself fatigue was merely a sign of effort.

Well, I've must've put in a bloody hell amount of effort.

Ino and Choji had woken up to consciousness as expected, confused, disoriented.

As our travels continued, it had become a nonstop path, merely taking breaks for the injured. I myself, didn't particularly enjoy the constant movement, although, I did not mind it either.

What I did mind was the sticky covering of sweat that encased my limps and quite literally every other origin.

Moving constantly was natural for me, of course, when I needed to. The trip back was like I just wanted myself to become entrapped in dirt and sweat.

As the five of us halt just outside Konohas large gates, the noise is soon followed by groans, yawns, and grumbling stomachs.

Asuma sighs, "I know you all are tired but we need to report to the Hokage." He holds his sleeve up, wiping a bead of sweat off his chin.

The trip to the Hokages office is unnecessarily long, breaks taken to simply doze off on a fence, or frankly just extremely hindering steps.

As the outside of myself remains an unbothered stance, a vein pops out of my head internally. I know I do not rest much, but a break would be nice indeed.

..................

"Oh? The mission has already been completed?" The Hokage says with his eyes slightly wide, a pen stopping mid writing.

Asuma glimpsing down at us four, "Yes, as the mission details stated, we've captured our rouge and found all the info
held on the leaf."