Prolouge (Part 2 of 2)

My father quickly puts on his mask and as do I, we straighten up our intense clothing, awaiting the gates of the Leaf

My father quickly puts on his mask and as do I, we straighten up our intense clothing, awaiting the gates of the Leaf. I can't help but look outside and see that there's a line of people waiting to greet us!

My excitement settles as I sigh lightly. At least they won't see the frustration on my face from my fathers previous antics.

...............

As the carriage slowly approaches the gate of the Hidden Leaf Village, I can't help but begin to feel a little nauseous, this was our last stop, and something I anticipated the most.

My father had told me that I visited this place as an infant, but I have trouble believing that. Luckily, Konoha is quite large, much like where I live, so that must have a play in calming me.

When the carriage stops my father watches me tense up, which is what only he can do, because for the most part I hide my emotions to the blind eye well.

Michi and Minori stop the horses, walking to the entrance of the carriage both of them guarding either side. As they walk I can hear some muffled voices from the outside. Taking in a deep breath, Michi opens my side of the door.

Looking to the gates, there's a handful of villagers just surrounding the section were about to walk into, watching us.

Something like this should make me even more anxious, but what's the fun in that? Why would I come here if I can't enjoy myself?

I huff, as my father and I conjoin from our opposite sides. Meeting right in front of the two gatekeepers. Or what I'd guess to be gatekeepers.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Emperor Naoko" one of the gatekeepers nervously says.

My father responds with a smile in his voice, "The pleasure is all mine Izumo, Kotetsu." my father calmly replies. I watch as both Izumo and Kotetsu bow at my father in response.

"Oh please you guys look up, I've known you too since you were rebellious teens don't start bowing to me!" He cheerfully says as he gathers them both in a hug. The gatekeepers seem to be very flustered but soon lean into the embrace. Soon the gatekeepers soon look down to me.

"And this must be....your daughter." Kotetsu says with recognition. "Pleasure to meet you Lady Akari." He says as the other guard repeats the same.

"The pleasure is mine." I say low enough for them to hear me. I like these guards, I've never seen people wear accessories like theirs.

"Have a nice stay, would you like one of us to walk you to the hokages office?" The one with the bandage on his face asks.