Chapter 4

The necklace brings me back to the day I had gotten mine. The hugs, the look in his eyes.

He knew the whole time.

Clasping the necklaces length, I shove it in my skirt pocket.

"I'll go with you."

..............

I'm not surprised when the four people looking at me stare silently at my response

I'm not surprised when the four people looking at me stare silently at my response. How I went from never wanting to set my sights on them again to immediately agreeing.

I raise my eyebrows, moving my head to the side, motioning for one of them to speak.

The silence breaks with a sigh from their sensei. "Well follow us Lady Akari, we're now going to be heading back to Konohagakure. The trip will take around two days." Their sensei says as he and his students turn around and start following the very open trail.

As the four walk ahead of me I freeze, with my hand still in my pocket I grasp onto the necklace. Holding it within my fist.

I can feel the aura in it. It's so little but I know that this is real. My throat becomes dry, as the unsettling feeling in my stomach travels down into my gut.

Pursing my lips I stare down at my shoes, furrowing my brows, showing the first ounce of real emotion in a while. Shaken up by my body's reaction, I close my eyes shut and slowly open them again, watching the groups back.

Taking my hand out of my pocket I slowly follow the team, watching in thought.

The nations have spent years trying to persuade me to join their village. In around three years it would become a decade of searching, and a decade since the missing princess was never found. I'd most likely be looked at as dead, much more than I am now.

That isn't a bad thing, is it? I could live with more peace of mind. I could walk at night without having to look over my shoulder after every step I take in my path.

This mind of mine can see patterns in the future. My father told me that there were multiple options for the future.

But I think this is my only option.

...............

A bright fire lights up the five of us, expressing different flickers of light upon my clothed skin, warmth in comparison to the fairly cool weather.

The rest of the trip had become reserved for the most part. We successfully made it out of the Kōsei Forest (with my help of course), and the team is starting to set up their camp for the night.