Chapter 50

Everything is the same. From the cliff, and the abyss, the fog, and...the pale woman in a lavish nightgown with her hair tight back loosely...but one thing is missing.

The ghastly dragon.

I begin to shake in my stance.

That woman in the painting-

the woman in the painting is me.

..............

"Oh hell no

"Oh hell no." I spit turning my body from the cliff and looking anxiously around myself. Everything is dark, just like in the painting...an abyss.

Not thinking of any other options I decide that running is the only thing I can do.

"Yeah, Hisa I don't believe this is what was in that little book of yours!"

With the silent sounds of my feet hitting the gravel, I find myself heading nowhere, like running up stairs with a ball and chain, except each step I take, the staircase becomes longer, the chain becomes heavier, and I-

I'm in the exact same place I've begun.

"I've never actually been in there so of course it's not in my book. Every one is different for each royal daughter."

"Well that is just...amazing, absolutely amazing."

I stop my running as I breathe in the freezing cold air. I bring my arms up and stare at my pale skin, its cold here, the weather was just neutral a few minutes ago.

I step back turning my head to my sides as fog envelopes my sides like a blanket. "What is..."

My forehead forms a cold sweat and I bring my wrist to it, wiping it off before ultimately freezing in my steps. What is that grumbling noise...

No it's not grumbling, it's...growling. I clench my eyes shut my palms beginning to shake at their sides. Taking in one final breath of air-

"Hisa, let me out!"

"Lady Akari I can't do that!"

"Hisa Please- I'm- I'm...scared."

I look down and shake my head with furrowed brows feeling the vibrations of the monster that I know is coming.

"Lady Akari, Listen, the guardian is you! And you are it! If you are calm, it will be as well, remember Akari!"

Crouching down into a ball I hold my hands over my head seeking some form of protection, heavy cold breathes come out of my mouth and I groan when the golden markings appear once again, covering my arms and limbs.