Chapter 23

It settles, a sigh escaping my lips as I remove my arm from the Jonin, adjusting the upper sleeve that he pulled,

"Forgive me."

I had come to gain peace of mind...not to argue. And yet here I am.

I gulp, staring straight ahead with a fierce like look.

What a way to begin the exams.

...............

I find people so immensely different

I find people so immensely different. And yet they pretend.

It is not like I care for the closeted chambers of someone's deep heart and full mind, who they truly are, the pit of darkness that they hide in their closet. How can I when the darkness inside my closet is overfilled to the brim?

But it is noticeable.

An aura, per se, that only someone like me can feel. Is it sensory abilities? Not particularly no.

As I arrive at this academy, I suck in the bottom of my lip, eyes scanning the area into every nook and cranny. The circular walls and brightly colored tiles— a depiction of what exactly it represents, childhood. A few choice words from the boy leaning against one of the walls garner my wandering attention, my eyes snapping to his own brown ones.

"Do you have a thing with being late or is everyone here early too?" He sarcastically questions, almond eyes bland and fatigued.

I feel my head unintentionally cock slightly to the side, catching onto his reference of our last meeting.

And of course, how may these children react if I say that I cursed their Hokage? I lightly run my thumb against my pointer finger, fluid and conscious, have I lost all self-control? You've truly done it now.

"Would you believe me if I said I had gotten caught up in a mishap?"

"This is all just a drag, maybe if you didn't come we could all leave the test too." He complains, staring up aimlessly and inattentively into the cloudy sky.

I examine this...team. Questionable members they are as I change my sights from the indolent boy to the one whose attention lies purely on filling the pool that is his stomach, and then onto the impatient girl who fidgets beside me.

A dreary look crosses my features as the ends of my eyebrows prod inwards. "Before we go in—I'd like to set a few ground rules..." I begin, catching the attention of the three. "Lay low, do not flaunt your strengths, and-" I slowly extend my last, and third finger, emphasizing the words that leave my teeth. "-Do not embarrass yourself."