Chapter 33

My black eyes suddenly gleam back into life once more as I catch onto the bright red hair, winded and soft.

"Tell me—what are you called?" I spew out, quickly before he leaves my sights as I stretch my neck, the immensely long pitch-black strands of hair that had hidden my face far more than the mask I wear shooting beside my back.

My lips part themselves "Gaara"

...............

With the sudden words that escaped me, I jolt and swiftly move my gloved palm over where my mouth would be in hopes that it would silence me furthermore

With the sudden words that escaped me, I jolt and swiftly move my gloved palm over where my mouth would be in hopes that it would silence me furthermore. Even now, where I am considered strong, a hard fight in ways, like a child, it is a reflex to run and hide.

Although I stand multitudes of feet away and his bright teal eyes are far more focused on his battle ahead, I hide.

I hide behind the body of the tree, and my slimy guilt that crawls behind it in hopes that it will not swallow me and my entire being like it did those few weeks after I left.

Succumbing to my past—that has never been an option.

I begin to peek over the tree once more, only to furrow my brows as I feel hard stares into my face. It is impossible to ignore as the feeling pinpoints me and delves deeply into my body, and for that—I must look down.

A single eyebrow lifts at the image. It's you again?

I stare at the three shinobi who hide behind the bush, or more Particularly, the singular boy in the middle, his adamant olive skin and the red streaks painted down his cheeks, he is quite hard to not miss. Although what hardens my look, is the mutt that resides with him.

He grabs the wrist that holds my money, "What! No, I said I'd pay."

He's cute and all but this whole gentlemanly 'Welcome gift to Konoha' act is ticking my buttons one too many times.

I narrow my eyes at him, yanking my wrist away, tossing piles of bills that'll cover more than half of the cost, and sprinting for it.

"Hey! Lady!" Jetting out of the restaurant, my arms swing to my sides, ignoring the now muffled yells from the boy, and dog barks.

My eyebrows raise as I trip over its body, falling backward as my ankle bends a way that is so completely wrong.

I glare at the animal that runs back and forth just around me, its white fur and brown ears barking to me. I hold my now twisted ankle, muttering under my breath, "You bloody dog!"