Chapter 14

Wanting to take my training little by little I mainly choose to focus on the usage of one, hooking my hands around the small hoop, wrapping my arm inwards, and finally, thrusting it ahead.

Only for it to fall straight into the grass.

My father said nightmares of death were said to be an awakening for oneself.

I do not believe my awakening will occur anytime soon.

..................

I look down at the fan that didn't even make it a few inches away from my foot, a blank expression

That is before I hold the sides of my head, frantically looking around as fake tears run down my cheeks.

"I knew I wouldn't be perfect, but I didn't know I'd be so utterly atrocious..."

An imaginary arrow stabs into my back, my pride lessening.

Solemnly picking the fan up, I mimic the same movements I'd done before, aiming it to a target that is nailed on a tree.

When it glides midway with the air, rotating in circular movements, I perhaps feel a bit of hope rise within me.

Although, I know I am not that lucky, so my reaction to the way it falls flat on the grass isn't nearly as dramatic.

I curl my lip, kneeling on my knee and resting my arm on the other, huffing as I reach out and pick the fan from its sad throw.

"Deepest apologies for giving you such a sorry user."

Those notes must be quite accurate I'm sure, using them is difficult.

I mindlessly hum to myself whilst I analyze the weapon, running my fingers up and down the blades, feeling upon the bulging of the embroidery threads that have somehow remained intact. I bring my finger higher to the blade, tapping the tip.

I mumble, "They are supposed to be similar to kunai..." I envision five kunai instead of the five large blades that accompany the design.

I begin blinking rapidly, almost as if I've cracked a code, "Kunai?..."

When the large fan is held open the blades are arranged in resemblance to how you would hold multiple kunai. Perhaps that is the way I should go about this.

Jumping a little farther away, I squint at the newer way I hold the weapon, the silver indenting my gloves as I raise it slowly, aiming as if I was throwing a totally different weapon.