Chapter 36

My chest rises at the overload just before I stomp my injured ankle to the ground.

"Allow me to help?"

...............

"Aw, man! There doesn't seem to be anyone around who doesn't seem weaker than us!" The bimbo-headed blonde complains

"Aw, man! There doesn't seem to be anyone around who doesn't seem weaker than us!" The bimbo-headed blonde complains. She could feel sunset reaching in a few hours and with each day that passed was another day they couldn't find a scroll. And another day the competition would decrease.

Of course, she had a small plan towards the beginning, find some twigs for shinobi and take them soon as could be, but then the whole fiasco and arguments began, and well...

She looks over her shoulder, blue eyes narrowing at her teammates, that glutton she grew up with Choji chomping on chips whilst sitting on a tree, and the smart-mouthed boy who she wished she could knock aside the head, Shikamaru—picking his ear wax once again.

They weren't going to get anywhere without that slicked mouthed Princess.

"Not so fast, I think That Naruto's team may actually be weaker than we are." Shikamaru bluntly states, examining his pinkie before stuffing his hands in his pockets.

Ino travels a million miles per second reaching his side, voice bellowing in his ear. "Take that back right now you jerk!"

"What do you mean?" Shikamaru side-eyes her, mostly taking note of that vein that pops out of her forehead every time she yells.

"There's no doubt that Naruto and Sakura are lame, but I won't have you bad-mouthing Sasuke! He's awesome!" Ino continues to defend, pointing an accusatory finger towards her teammate.

Shikamaru resists the urge to move her finger away from the center of his face, a tad worried that a laser bullet could leave it. "Yeah, whatever. Maybe your precious Sasuke is better in theory than in practice."

His words towards Ino's Only crush only fuel her flame more as she bundles up her palms into fists. "And maybe you could do a better job at keeping your teammates around-!" Although when her sentence finishes, her chest burns in a way that it didn't before.

She would guess that getting angry at Shikamaru in her head, versus doing so in real life was much different.

Her lips pursed together and Shikamaru's face changes—only for a split second.

Wanting to quickly go back to normal he wipes the tip of his nose, looking down. "Alright, Alright. I apologize if I upset you."