Chapter 18

She replies bluntly

She replies bluntly. "Well then your father is hot."

My face remains stoic as my eyebrows slowly crease in thought, I hold my hand to my chin. Hot? I remember my father's temperature being quite cold?

But just then, it dawns on me, once of the many pages I'd passed by in that little book of phrases.

Hot;considered attractive.

My palm lowers and I look to her, scrunching my nose.

Ino catches the look I give her, questioning me, "What?"

As my expression loosens I sigh, "The worse thing is that he'd be overjoyed to hear that."

She eyes my movements, placing her palms onto the table below us, leaning into my face way to close for comfort. "If that's your father....I wonder what you look like."

I narrow my eyes at her, practically breaking my neck as I lean back to my upmost strength before whipping my head to the left, "Then you must continue wondering."

She settles, jokingly eyeing me one last time before plopping herself back down. "I don't want to push...but will you ever take your mask off?"

I ponder on her question.Very few have truly set their sights on my features, and even less have I allowed.

I chew the inside of my cheek, "Our face...was to be shown by the ones we trust deeply."

Her eyes brighten, responding in her always cheerful tone, "Oh! Then why don't you? Wouldn't it be tiring to wear a full mask all day?"

Nodding slowly, I part my lips, "It is something one gets used to."

Wanting to remove myself from her abrasive questions, I begin closing my takeout box, the styrofoam bending every which way as I raise the top, covering my masked face, "Even if I were to show my face..."

I then shut it closed, "It should be quite dramatic, yes?"

Ino nods at my words, a look of consideration on her face as her eyes wander the room.

When her sights set on a certain thing she'd placed behind me, her eyes brighten once again.

She practically jumps on the cushion in excitement, "let's play a game!"

My eyebrows quirk as I tilt my head just slightly, "A game?"

Ino suddenly hops up from her cushion, coming back with her bag that'd been placed in the corner of my room, hugging it to her chest, "Yep! Kiss, marry, kill."