Chapter 46

My body stops at the captains room, a simple chair with a wheel and controls, I can see him sitting behind the wheel still as ever. Everything is normal. Except for the stench of blood. I walk right behind him and his chair, touching his head as it falls to the side, limp. I look down at him. A sliced neck. I feel my heartbeat through my arms, my legs, my head. Why does this feel familiar.

I walk backwards, the creaking sound of my footsteps.

Wait-

My footsteps never make any noise-

I whip my head around and a hand comes into view, aiming for my neck.

...........

My eyebrows raise in shock, quickly turning around and jumping backwards onto the captains control center, resisting the urge to cringe at the smell of his carcass

My eyebrows raise in shock, quickly turning around and jumping backwards onto the captains control center, resisting the urge to cringe at the smell of his carcass. I narrow my eyes spotting the same needle in this persons hand. That godforsaken sedative!

Having created a distance from myself and this person, I only have a second to think. It was a woman who was behind me, one with mid length purple hair, a grey vest, and most importantly, a mask that looks like a cat covering their face. I glance to the corner, a bit darker due to the shadows, and it's a man with dark brown hair, wearing a mask that seems like a fox.

What an irritating village! The Anbu now? I swallow a small bit of my saliva and look behind me, a small glass window in front of the captains controls. The sky is grey, with nothing but clear blue water for miles.

The two begin sprinting to me, the girl ahead of the guy. With such a small distance, she reaches out to me, her fingertips barely grazing a fold in my outfit. Having to make quick decisions I elbow the glass. Causing a high pitched shattering noise, and jump out the window.

I land on the wooden dock that connects to the first floor. My heels making a small click sound. I turn around and the two are just about to land on the dock as well, not missing a beat. I turn around, in a sprint, reaching the end of the dock, I lift myself up with my left arm on one of the safety fences and toss my body over. Landing on the water, using chakra at my feet to stand.

It doesn't surprise me when the two are right at my back. I swiftly turn around awaiting their arrival, remaining calm in comparison to what's coming to me. Because, although I'm well known for my ice release. I had to learn water first of course.

When their feet just grace the water, the guy throws five shuriken my way. I make a series of hand signs and raise both of them, as a tall wall of water forms in front of me, catching them.