Chapter 17

As Ino and I take the path to my house I would be lying if I said it wasn't taxing

Ino, questions me once again with her constant concerns, "I really think you should get checked out. What happened today was too much."

I sigh, "I really do believe you are overreacting, truly, I am quite fine."

As she begins to open her mouth once again, I immediately intercept, raising my gloved palm, "Perhaps it is a bug?"

She lowers my raised hand, pressing my wrist, "Okay! Even if it is a bug, you still have to be taken care of!"

"And that I'll do."

Her shoulders slump before she hesitates to say something or anything at that matter.

I double-take, glancing from the streets ahead and back to her, feeling a sweat of guilt roll down my neck. "I have room to believe you simply would like to stay over."

Quirking an eyebrow, I glance at her, "You are as much of a nurse as I am."

Having caught her, she sighs amongst herself, before the corners of her lips curl and she nudges me with her elbow, "Hey! I'll bring food and stuff!"

I glance at her, another bead of sweat falling down my forehead as my view is blocked by just her pale face.

I feel as though I owe her in a way, my unkept promises that resulted in her in the hospital for endless days.

Although I question her motives as to why she is pushing for this sleepover in such a way, I am truly not the interesting type, and I definitely do not know how these 'sleepover' things conduct.

As she gleams her eyes brighter than the ray of sun, I begin to squint, pulling back from the brightness.

I huff, whipping my head to the side, looking away from her, "If I must..."

She tightens her grip on me, practically trapping me as we walk, "Yes! Okay, I'll come back to your house after the rest of training."

Nodding slowly, still hesitant at my answer that I said on a whim, we make our way through the public areas.

As her steps create cracks into the small pebbles that occasionally show up on the trail, lessening as we make it to my area.

My house, in the extension of Konoha, is a lonely looking home as it's placed in the more...abandoned areas. Although, I wouldn't say I hated it.