Chapter 47

And the woman holding her palm against my mouth doesn't register. Her hair is dark, with grays, my mind recognizes her face last minute. The older face.

my mouth is too dry to say the words, but it's a sharp, intrusive thought.

Anne. What are you doing?

..........

I pull my head away from the hand as she stares at me with raised eyebrows

I pull my head away from the hand as she stares at me with raised eyebrows. A disoriented expression grows on my face and I wildly analyze the room.

It's a closed off room, a square with no windows at all. The sheet walls are a tan color, and the only light illuminating this small area are dozens of candles.

The room is overall empty, I look down and the bed I lie on is small and simple, the sheets are bland, and the blanket that's over me shines in a golden silk color.

I lift my palms in confusion when I see a completely different colored outfit drape over my body.

My hands lightly touch the cushiony mattress and I stare at the woman. Could it truly be-

Anne also came into hell with me?

From what I recall she was a nice lady?!

I lean closer to her as she holds the embroidered handkerchief between her palms. "Is it you Ann-"

"She's awake Anne!" I hear as the door to the warm toned room slams open. My eyes widen when the outside world is a completely different atmosphere to the room.

I pull my thin wrist up and cover my eyes from the strain of the harsh air. The freezing cold wind from outside contrasts to the warmer colors of the wall and the sheets. When the door slams open the candle fires burn out as well from the stronger force of the currents outside. But most importantly.