Chapter 34

Slowly, They place my head upon the dirt as they attempt to let their hand free from the entangled strands of my hair.

"Are you alright?"

Gradually, I conjure enough strength to peer my eyes over. And although I stare at him through messed up vision, the frame of his aura lies exactly the same as before. My voice is weakened to nothing but a whisper.

"Neji."

...............

(7 years ago)

(7 years ago)

"Hurry Neji!" I exclaim as my flats break and snap the twigs below me with each step as I clasp the skirt of my layered dress and hike it up as I hop through the full and deep forests of Konoha.

As I feel the wind sway past my cheeks and my hairpin dangle with each run, I can say that at least at this moment, I have truly been let free of my golden entrapment. Glitter sparkles around my cheeks and bright rainbow colors appears behind me.

"Lady Akari!, Neji Hyuga!"

Maybe not.

My free-willed eyes snap open and the glitter disappears as I recognize the orderly voice from the village guards sent to watch over me and my new friend.

With widened eyes, I whip my head backward and catch sight with how the boy slows behind me, and the two gathering, green vested men reach inches closer.

In a speeding frenzy and determined to finish my plans, I grasp the wrist of the boy and yank him down, just behind a large and wild bush.

The disgruntled noises of the jonin follow soon after as their steps scour the area ahead, both bewildered and frustrated with their little chase.

My chest heaves up and down as I pop my head up from the bush like I was a jack, and the green leaves were a box.

"Wow! We have truly lost them! I have never-"I begin to say with a sense of amazement, my lips curling up and they spread into a grin. My eyes gleam with light just before I remember how tightly I hold a boy's wrist.

"What-" he mutters through quickened breaths before yanking his wrist away, "-do you think you're doing?"

I peek over at him, ducking myself into the bushes once more as I'm graced with the sound of rustling leaves. My eyebrows grow upward as I notice his cheeks burn with a light shade of pink, flushed like a watercolor from the constant running. But despite his childlike features, it would seem he rests frustrated with me.