Chapter 2

"We need to think of a new plan!" Their sensei yells as he finishes off another couple of shinobi before soon some respawn again.

One of Narutos clones gruntingly shouts, whilst fending off the men in front of his pink haired friend.

"Well, what do we do now!"

.................

Sitting upon the top of a tree I mess with the small green leaves that surround me

Sitting upon the top of a tree I mess with the small green leaves that surround me. Watching as they fly out of my fingertips.

I feel unproductive today. Should I take a shot at finding a better meal today? Winter was over months ago so some animals should be out...

Watching as other array of leaves fly out of my hand, light reflecting the plant in fluid motions, I let one more loose.

But instead of it flying lightly to the ground, swaying in the winds. It falls straight. Like an anvil dropped from a height.

Someone's here.

Already on one of the tallest of trees I hold onto a branch below me, jumping off the tree, hanging onto the branch with a single arm.

My eyes move from side to side, searching for an entity of some sort. Having met with silence, I begin to think it was false alarm.

"what the hell is this! how are they regenerating?"

I narrow my eyes, so I was correct. Letting go of the branch I fall and land on the second branch. Sitting with my legs hanging over in thought.

Must I leave this forest so soon? I'd thought it take a couple more months for someone to show up here...then again what business would someone have in the Kōsei forest? The rumors of the regenerating goons is quite popular.

I tilt my head to the side like a bird, I can hear the voices of the people, but large trees and wide leaves block my view from the height that I'm seated at.

I turn around, and sit with my back facing the voices, I hang my legs off and flip upside down. Looking to stare at the group as I hang by my legs, my cloak and skirt falling a tad bit, my bun staying in place just fine, and nothing but my obscured upside down vision.

My eyes widen, are those...children?

Squinting my eyes a bit I notice the small gleaming forehead protector. Shining in different angles. Konoha. It's been awhile since I've encountered them. But last time...they were jonin. These kids are merely genin I'd think. It's already strange to think of someone coming here, but genin? What kind of idiocy?