Chapter 7

I preferred to wear blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a long black blazer. It fits me well. I really liked the Long Blazer.

I am not allowed to wear any modern clothes in my house. I do not speak against them because they are all very strict. Actually I don’t get to speak out against it.
I love everyone, I respect everyone.

At home I wear full covered dresses. I grew up in the countryside. So, I grew up in its own way‌.

Hair should always be tied, do not speak loudly, get out of bed early in the morning, do household chores yourself without telling anyone, do not wear short clothes, and respect men.

But actually the men in my village have a lot of respect for women. Everyone respects his wife, children and mother. They will be lazy only to work for women.

I stood in front of the mirror for a while and enjoyed the beauty of my new dress.

I have my leather black boots‌ and it matches my dress. The boot was selected not only to match, but also to adjust the height when walking with Chris.

Oh ... is Chris ready? Let's see ...

I took my wallet from the cupboard drawer and checked if there was enough cash.

Before leaving the room I looked in the mirror again and for the first time I was going out without tying my hair. My grandmother would kill me if she knew. They are more strict than my father. If they get a small incident then it's enough to talk for the next two hours.

It is very interesting to hear the stories of their youth. She was very timid. Maturity came after marriage. My grandmother married my grandfather when she was 14 years old.

If someone had married me at the age of fourteen, I would have been scared to death the very first day.

Marriage is a life-changing factor. Mother-in-law, father-in-law, husband, sister-in-law...... tremble at the thought !

I walked out of the room and locked the door. Chris' door is not open. He is getting ready. I put the wallet in the sidebag. In my sidebag there was nothing but a wallet, a pen, and a stickynote with the relative's number written on it. Then, an essential item in the small compartment.

I hear the sound of the door opening. I closed the zip of the sidebag and looked at him.

When I saw him, I was stuck. White T-shirt, dark blue jeans and black leather jacket.

He is handsome. He stood with his hand in his pants pocket and asked me, "'Shall we go?'

"Where's your wallet?" I asked without any  expression.

Chris took out the wallet from inside the jacket and showed it. Then he put it inside.

He turned off the light in the living room and we headed out. Chris locked the door from the outside. After locking up, he gave me the key. We thought it would be safer to keep it in the sidebag.

I looked at Chris. I felt that his leather jacket was not correct. It's wrinkled.

I hesitated a bit and Chris looked at me. His pale blue eyes looked at me questioningly. "What?" Chris asked. "That ..." I said, stumbling.

Slowly I stepped closer to Chris. He looks into my eyes. I could not look him in the eye for long.

I corrected his wrinkled leather jacket. Now it's perfect.

After correcting, I stood back a little. He smiled. We nodded slightly and said, "Thank you." We looked at each other and smiled. Then we walked towards the staircase.

"Don't you like going in the elevator?" Chris asked.

"The staircase is good. We can talk until we get downstairs?"

"Only today or daily?"

"Your will"

"I prefer the staircase"

I took every step forward to start a new life with Chris. We set foot on the first step together. Both of us didn’t pay much attention to it, but somewhere in our minds that first step sank deeper.

We reached the ground floor. Mrs. Mason was written on the door of the house near the entrance steps. Chris stood to my left. We looked to see if the car was coming. The quarters are more beautiful than the hostel.

"What's the time?" I asked.

" 7:50 " Chris said looking at the watch on his right hand.

I looked at his right hand.I realized that Chris was tying the watch on his right hand.

When the car arrived, we got into the back seat. Mr. Mehra came because Mr. Donaldson had a sudden job.

                           ~~~~~

He went to a hotel and bought us breakfast. I was sitting next to Chris. Chris was more secure to me than Mr. Mehra. Today Chris clearly understood that.

We did not allow Mr. Mehra to pay the bill. We took cash from our wallet and paid. We went to the boys hostel. The two boys were waiting outside. He looked sadly into the boys hostel while I looked sadly into the girls hostel.

I sat in the front seat. The four of them sat in the back seat. Mr. Mehra sat in the car and told us about some of the shops.

Went down to a lot of shops. I bought essential items from the shops I went to. Mr. Mehra also helped me. We didn't even feel like those two guys were with us. Mr. Mehra wanted to be in company with me and Chris. I had no great opposition to him on that subject.

While the other boys were buying chocolates and dresses, we bought spices and tea bags.

By noon we had somehow bought everything. Eventually Mr. Mehra bought the bill for both groups and it was those guys who spent more money than me and Chris. It shocked Mr. Mehra. Chris and I stared at each other in silence without an expression.

After lunch he took us back to the quarters. Teachers' Quarters was close to town. But the hostel is near the college. I felt it as a privilege.   

We have to walk some distance to college,  and they have to walk some distance to town.

The quarters were built near the town for the convenience of the teachers.

At half past one we were taken back to the quarters. Now I'm going to live with him.....