Chapter 3

"Are you from India?" Chris asked skeptically.
"Yes. What?" I replied and inquired why.
Chris let out a long smile and shook his head as if nothing had happened.
Of course he had something on his mind and I could smell it. I did not ask anything else because he said nothing.

We started talking about the trip and Mr. Donaldson and Mr. Mehra came out of the office. As soon as we saw them, we stopped talking and got up. Their faces are dim. I don’t know why, but both are reluctant to say anything.
Chris felt something was wrong. I also had a suspicion of something. The smile on Chris's face faded. He was serious. "What's the matter? Is there any problem?"
The two did not say anything. I asked Mr. Mehra, "What happened, sir?"

They did not reply. Chris and I eagerly waited for an answer. Mr. Donaldson told us to go into the office. We did not understand anything. Without thinking, Chris opened the door and went inside. Before the door could close, I hurried inside.

Mr. Donaldson and Mehra stared at each other helplessly. I turned to them before closing the door and they were worried about something.

The room in the office is very cold. He took a deep breath, told us to sit. He is also very distressed. I sat in the chair and looked at Chris. Chris is very serious, I looked at the manager. Let him at least say what the problem is. I put my fingers on the table.

The table is frozen. I quickly took my hand back. Chris asked "Is there any problem sir?"
Like Donaldson and Mehra, the manager is sitting quietly. I said softly, "Sir, we need to know what the problem is."
The manager got into the matter by placing his elbows on the table.

Mehra folded his hands and asked Donaldson, "Can you guess what will happen?"
"I have no idea," Donaldson said.
They stared at each other blankly.

"Whaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttt ??????"
Chris and I screamed in the office room. Our scream echoed throughout the block.

Donaldson and Mehra panicked.

"No, there must be some other way." Chris argued.

"I'm so sorry, we have no choice." The manager said helplessly.

Chris leaned back in his chair and stared at the manager.

I looked at Chris sadly. He is expressionless. "Sir, this is a little difficult." I told him.

"I know," he said, looking at Chris, "but you have to do it."
I looked at Chris sadly again. "It's impossible," Chris said in a heavy voice as he moved forward.
"Yes sir." I supported Chris too.

"Look, I can understand your situation. But in the current situation, there is no other option than this."

We became speechless. The manager tried to console us. Chris and I looked at each other helplessly. Without saying anything more, he quickly got up from his chair and thanked him. I followed too.

Chris slammed the door and said to me, "We need to talk about this."

Outside we saw your guides and stood in awe not knowing what to say. Chris walked quickly out the porch without saying anything.
I have no choice but to go after him.

                             ~~~~~

I stood looking at the green grass in front of the management room. Chris is sitting on a bench under a tree, holding hands and thinking for a long time. I do not know what to say to him, nor does he know what to say to me.

I looked at his face. His face was without joy and laughter. The view he is sitting in is pretty beautiful. A large tree, a bench beneath it, a boy engrossed in deliberation. If I had a camera I could have clicked the photo.

Rishma ... What are you thinking? You both get stuck in a trouble. Is it important that you take a photo of him 'at this time'? Think about whether there is any way to fix this.

Okay Rishma Be Serious.

I looked at him again, wondering what I had thought a while ago!

I have to stay in a room with him for two whole years !!!!!!

What a fate ..... Hey God I wanted this in that excitement, why did you do it so quickly?

Is this fair? I do not think so.

Chris looked at me unexpectedly. I stumbled into his gaze. How can I live with Chris for two years? I was scared about my menstrual days. Chris I'm afraid to share the room with you.

Chris wanted to tell me something. I slowly sat down next to him.
"What did you decide?" Asked me peacefully.
"I can not decide anything." I said stumbling.
"I can't either."

We looked to both sides, the Boys Hostel on the right and the Girls Hostel on the left. Then we looked at each other sadly.

We swelled between the two hostels. He wanted to have fun at the boys hostel and I wanted to stay at the girls hostel. But neither of our wishes is going to happen.

Is this the manager's decision? Or is it God’s decision? Why does my mind keep repeating that I have seen Chris before? I do not know what's going to happen next ....