Chapter 31

Rishma's  POV :

I sat enjoying looking at the clouds outside through the window.
I didn't feel like sending a message to Chris.

When Father finally told me that, deep inside me was a pain that I had betrayed my friend.

As soon as I got home, I had to apologize to Chris, open up, and tell him everything, including what happened at my home.

Amma is right, I am an immature child.

This weight of one big mistake is more than my heart can bear.

I saw another aeroplane passing by on the opposite side.
When it was hidden away and I took out the Tigger book from the bag and opened the eighteenth page.
Like an investigation the points I had written, are now striked.

But I don't feel satisfied. I stared at the page.
I realized that even if I tore up the whole book, my mind would not find peace.

I tore the page out with my hand. I will burn it when I get home. Folded into four and placed in the small compartment of the side bag.

There is no history of anything destroyed in the fire ever came back.

I closed my eyes and decided to sleep. I will get peace for a while.

Anyway they will not take the flight to anywhere without dropping me.

I woke up half an hour before the flight landed.

I will never do a trip like this again. While traveling to India, I had noticed everything, who sat next to my seat and what they did. But I didn't notice anyone on this journey. I didn't even look at who was next to me.

After completing the checking process at the airport, I came out and immediately dialed Chris's number.

He picked up the phone on the first ring.

Chris's POV :

"Hey Rishma" All the happiness that was hidden somewhere all these days came out when I heard her voice.

"Hey Chris. I am standing outside the airport. I will come by taxi and will be there in two hours"
She finished in a second.

Even her voice could not be heard straight all these days. Even though it was through the phone, when I heard the voice, my heart got cold. A cold wind blows all over my mind.

"Are you listening?" she asked from the other side.
All my inner thoughts were lost in that question.
"Chris are---"
"---yeah I'm listening." I said hastily before she could finish her question again.

"My phone only has sixty percent charge, call you when I get there."

Sixty percent!

" Yeah okay. You're tired from traveling, sleep in the car for a while."

"Aah sheri"
(Aah okay)

"Do you have a water bottle? Buy one before getting into the car."

"Aaaaahhh sheri....." she said out loud.
(Aaaaahhh okay.....)

"Why didn't you tell me earlier that you were coming? Didn't I say that I would pick you from the airport?"

"I'll get there and explain everything in detail." She paused for a moment. "There's a lot to say."

"Fine. Come fast. I'm waiting for you to spend my days with you."

I hung up without bothering her with more questions.

Leaning on the door jamb, I looked at the charge on my phone, 12%.