Chapter 32

Author's  POV :

The sound of the second hand on the wall clock is heard clearly. It's sounds scary, when it comes to hospital situations.

Rishma sat silently on the verandah of the hospital with her head bowed.

Her face turned pale. Cheeks are swollen. Eyes are tired.

Not even knowing that the tears were still falling from her eyes.

Her mind was full of the good times she had shared with Chris.

The bitter smell of medicines that filled the hospital made her physically uncomfortable.
But she endured everything for him.
For there is no one but her who can endure for him at least in one case.

She doesn't even know how many days she has been in the hospital. The Chris's accident is fresh in Rishma's mind as if it happened at this moment.

Rachel, the doctor who took over Chris's treatment, came out of her cabin.

Rachel's eyes first went to the chairs in front of her cabin. Where visitors often sit.

But Rachel's eyes landed on Rishma, who was leaning against the wall with bowed head.

In fact, People get a support from the wall and  that support cannot be given by any chair.

"Rishma, come in." Doctor Rachel said with soft tone. She went back to her cabin.

Rishma wiped her tears, while wiping her cheeks hurt.

She slowly got up and went to the cabin. Without waiting for the doctor's instructions, she sat on the chair.

"He is okay"
Doctor Rachel said with a smile.

When Rishma heard those words from her and she let out a deep sigh of relief.

She waited for 6 days to hear this word from the doctor.

"He has more internal injuries than external injuries."
She listened with bated breath to every word she said to her.

"It will take six to seven months to fully recover. There is nothing to afraid of, in four to five months Chris will be able to walk and do everything on his own."

"Okay doctor. How many more days will Chris stay in the hospital?"

The doctor moved forward then sat straight and said slowly,
"Look Rishma, what has happened is not a minor accident. You know it, it happened infront of your eyes. Chris should be kept under observation for a few more days. After that, it would be better to be discharged from the hospital."

Rishma stared at her face, not knowing what to ask more.

"Few more days means twenty to twenty five days." Doctor Rachel made it clear.

"What about the reports? Any changes?"
Rishma's sound is barely heard.

"Looking at the scanning reports of the last few days and today's scanning reports, he has improved." Rachel took the reports from the drawer and searched for the recent report.

"Did he start responding?"
Rishma asked eagerly.

"Not yet. But he can hear everything we say. When Chris opens his eyes he may remember everything he heard and sometimes he doesn't."

Rachel paused for a moment, she opened the recent report and showed it to Rishma. Rishma couldn't understand the reports, the medical language is hard to understand. Doctor Rachel continued,

"He has a hard time coming to terms with reality when he does open his eyes. Now he's in a medicated sedation, and when he wakes up from the sedation he may not be able to bear the pain and that cause him mental stress."