Chapter 42

_________________________________________

💥Happy New Year💥
_________________________________________

Chris's  POV  :

10 Years Ago

I sat on a corner bench in the empty hall of the orphanage with my head down so that no one could see me. Funny ! Who's there to meet me?

Father Albert and I have been alone in this huge orphanage for fourteen years.

My eyes are tired after crying. Cheeks are still wet with tears.

I heard the sound of boots coming from a distance.

I looked at my right hand. The back of the hand has been burnt. Argghh... this itching and pain.

Father Albert's footstep stopped infront of me. I don't want to look at him.

He sat on my left side. I have nothing to say to him. He will ask what happened, I will explain the things to him, then he will try to calm me with his sugar-coated philosophies.

"What happened today?" He asked as I thought.

Without answering in words, I extended my right hand in front of him. He stared at it for a while.

"Did you burn your hand yourself?" He asked a stupid question.
I can't stand the pain, why is he irritating me with this kind of stupid questions.

"I'm I mad to burn my hand on fire?" I asked irrigated.

"After a certain point, people enjoy hurting themselves to forget their bad incidents. That's why I asked you."  He said.

"That stage hasn't came yet. I will let you know myself when it comes." I tried hard to control my anger.

"Okay. You didn't say what happened." Father reminded.
I looked into his eyes and explained everything that had happened.

"At the place where I went for picnic, students in my class was taking pictures. I went and stood on one side for the class group photo. Nobody liked that. I was pushed by a student and I fell right where the chicken was being grilled. My meat was fried faster than the chicken on the grill."

I looked at my burnt hand. Urghh.... disgusting.  For the first time in my life I felt myself disgusting.

I changed my gaze to the stone wall.