Chapter 54

Rishma's POV :

Rishma's POV :

Calmness.
Everywhere, Everytime.

A kind of tranquility after a heavy downpour.

My life, no, our life is going very smoothly. We enjoyed each day with jokes and small fights.

Now the road does not stretch. I don't even look at the time.

I witnessed Chris's physical changes. Again he brought his body back to its old condition. We started going to class together. He received a warm welcome back at Silver Star Academy.

My semester results came and I held my professor's head high by securing ninety-eight percent. That result was a good motivation for me to bury my head in books harder. I competed with myself.

The best news we have heard in these happy days is that Mrs. Masson is pregnant. She is going through motherhood. Mr. Mathew Masson  resigned from his job and moved into quarters with Mrs. Masson.

We try to make them as happy as possible. Their future child must be a sweet soul like Mrs. Masson and Mr. Masson.

We were spending half of the day with Masson family. We went on with our lives, playing and laughing.

My mom helped me by sending me a lot of money for Chris's treatment before, and I don't want to bother her again by asking for cash for the flight ticket. So I didn't go home for vacation. My mother also did not object to my decision.

I don't know what happened to her !

When life is happy, time will disappear.

In a blink of an eye, days changed into months.

....And so, eight months passed.

••••

□■  8 Months Later  ■□

Chris stuffed everything inside the bag and zipped it up.

He sat down on top of the suitcase, relieved to have everything packed. He sighed and looked at me.

"Done?" I sat up on the bed and pressed a pillow against my stomach.

He nodded very childishly.

He got up from the suitcase and knelt on the bed and sat next to me.

"Does it hurt?" he asked, putting his hand on the pillow.
"No." I said in a faint voice, trying to curve my lips.