Chapter 29

Hiii... It indeed has been a long time. I hope you all still remember me. Thanks for waiting patiently, understanding my situation. Love you all... Please read the previous chapter ( 28 ) once again, then read this chapter.
Here we go...

Rishma's Pov :

Father Albert flipped through every page of the newspaper...
By then his glasses were covered in dust.

I sat there staring into his face anxiously wondering what he was going to say next about Chris.
Like a car wiper I wiped the dust-off the front with my hand every fifteen seconds. And I got a dust-mehendi free of cost.

"Are you bored?"
Father asked.

I had to say yes but my mouth was open and suddenly dust entered inside through my nose and mouth.

The next moment I coughed loudly. Tears began to well up in my eyes. My vision started to become blurry.

I sat by the window and breathed fresh air and slowly drank the water from the bottle that Father had given me.

"I'm okay" I said.

After being silent for a while, I made a request to Father,
"I need to leave soon. So can you tell me about Chris quickly?"

I kept the bottle aside.

" 2001, When he was five, he was admitted to a school near the church.
From the very first days of school, he realized that his life style was completely different from that of the other children he studied with.

His heart ached when he saw everyone holding the hand of their mother or father after the school bell rang.
All the teachers and children isolated him.
He was deeply disturbed when other children introduced him to their parents as a child who had no one."
______________________________________

2002, August

"Children.... I am your new teacher" Merylin, the new teacher said happily in a loud voice that everyone could hear.

"So .. can we all get acquainted ??"
"Yes mam" The sweet voices of many children rose.

"I've come to each person. They have to say their name, hobbies, favorite cartoon, and how many members there are in the house."
"Yes mam"
Merylin's face lit up with the innocent voice of each child.

Few children clearly told the teacher what the teacher asked for.
Merylin's eyes fell on a baby's face and she did not seem to close her eyes.

His round face, glowing blue eyes, and combed hair attracted her.

He began to tell Merylin,
"My name is Chris. I read comic books. I do painting."
She waited a moment, thought he will say something else.
But he didn't.
She asked,
"Okay ... what's your favorite cartoon ??"

“Uhmm... There is no TV in my orphanage"

"Sorry what?"

She narrowed her eyes and asked if it was true what she heard.

"I have never seen a cartoon on TV. Father Albert will buy me comic books."
Merylin stood silent for a moment and tried to digest what he was saying.

All the children's eyes were on him. When he saw their gaze, he felt as if he had done something wrong.

As Merilyn looked into Chris' face, she overheard all the children talking to each other.

"He's alone"
"The teacher does not know about him because she is new here"
"Chris is Orphan"
"My mother and I went to church the other day and saw him with Father Albert."
"He has no one."
"Chris has no father or mother"

The words of his classmates filled his eyes. His lips parted with a sigh. Tears flowed down his cheeks. He couldn't control his cry. He cried out loud at the children's mocking laughter.

_____________________________________

I heard everything with my lips parted, without blinking my eyes.

My heart is pounding with pain.
I closed my eyes tightly, lowered my head and took a deep breath...

Chris's school life after that was all I could imagine.
Unable to face the ridicule of his classmates again, he hid his identity from everyone.

Mrs. Masson, Me, David Master, and his other friends at the academy... he never gave anyone a hint about his parents.

I remember when Chris stopped acting when I told him I knew who he was back then because he didn't have the guts to feel the old pain again.

Maybe he will tell all this when he comes to the comfort zone with us.

"Tell me what's the point between Chris and cars?"
I asked pointing my eyes deeply into his eyes.

Childish in my mind is gone. I took the things what Father said very, very seriously.

Leaning against the bookshelf behind Father, he told me,
"If my guess is correct...."

My eyes opened wide and closed slightly as he stretched it out.

"If so....?" I asked the same.
My whole face changed and I was scared not knowing what he was going to say.

In the climax of a crime thriller, when the real killer is brought to the screen, we can see the excitement on the audience's face, feel their rising heartbeat, that's the same I'm feeling right this every moment.

Like a psycho detective, Father smiled slightly.

"You're just born."

You man...
You just killed me....
I yelled in my mind.
I took a deep breath and slowly let go.

Now I do not know whether to be angry or happy.
What I have wanted to hear for a long time is what Father just said in his funny way.
So, I smiled at him so as not to disappoint him. I do not know if this is my real or fake smile.
"Then it's 2003, isn't it?"
I asked.

             ***********************

Heyy... Hope you all liked this chapter. Actually I lost the flow of writing and I was confused how to conclude this chapter. Please adjust *crying.
I know all are waiting for Chris to show up, in the next chapter I'm bringing him back.

Please do
Vote⭐  Comment📜  Share➡️

Your votes are encouraging me to write more and more..

Love you all❤❤❤

Yours Richu❤