Chapter 43

Chris's POV :

Chris's POV :

Oh my Jesus !

I don't know what liquid Agnes is putting on my wounds. It's taking up half of my life.

I couldn't stand the pain and closed my eyes. Unbearable swelling in my left cheek. I got up from the chair.

"Enough." Agnes was scared by my reaction.
I sat back in my chair and apologized for scaring her.

"Sorry. I screamed because I couldn't bear the pain."

"Never mind. You shouldn't have participated in a street fight in your condition." He said picking up each blood stained cotton.

"Yes. Right. But I had no choice before me." I looked at her and said.

I don't want to hear many good words from Doctor Rachel and make a scene, I came here only to avoid that.

She put all the cotton into a plastic slip.

"How are you going to appease your wife?" asked Agnes.

Wife?

I told Agnes that Rishma is my wife. No, Agnes said it, and I agreed. Something, when she told me that day, I didn't feel like resisting. Actually I still don't feel like resisting.
"She'll be furious. I don't know if she'll let me in the house."

She chuckled.

She put the plastic slip in the dustbin.

"Your wife must be very fond of you, and that is why she spoke so loudly to you." She tried to explain the things.

"We can only be angry with those who love us. They know that no matter how messed up we are, we will go back to them." I said, looking outside, staring to the hustling-bustling road.

The road where I laid in a pool of blood.

"Aren't you going to quarters? Or wanna stay here?" asked Agnes.

"I have to go." I got up from the chair. "Thank you." I said from the bottom of my heart.

Agnes replied with a beautiful smile as always.
To my surprise, she put the first aid box in my hand.

"To be used if necessary." she said.

There are so many good people in the world. They come before us only when we are in trouble.

I left the supermarket. Slowly walked to the quarters.

••••

Arriving at the entrance to the quarters, I saw Mrs. Masson standing by the doorbell with folded hands.

It's only her who called Rishma and said I am in a street fight. I am hundred percent sure that Rishma will never go out without me. She would never come to such a dangerous place.