Chapter 58

Author's POV :

Author's POV :

"Why Rishma didn't come even though it is vacation?" Ravichandran asked Karthika looking for something in his bag where his passport and other papers were kept.

"I don't know. Maybe there will be extra classes." Karthika replied with no interest.

"What you mean by don't know?" He turned on her angrily. Karthika raised her face from the cloth she was stitching.

"Your complaint was that I was not paying attention to her affairs for so long, now you have also stopped asking about her affairs?” He stood upright facing her sewing machine.
"I call her on the phone every day. What's the love and concern for my youngest daughter all of a sudden?"

Ignoring his anger, she focused on the cloth.

"It's a problem if I ask and don't ask about her." He threw the bag on the floor.

"She has some things to do there so I told her not to come."
"What business does Goddess have to do there?" he asked, raising his hands in the air.

Karthika didn't like his question at all and her face tightened.

"Are you calling her here to perform her wedding?"

"I told you first that the marriage with Manu will take place only after she has completed her studies. I saw her one year ago, I want to see my daughter." He said firmly.

"I don't trust you. That's why I told her not to come." Karthika took the cloth she is stitching and paced towards the staircase.

"You, told her not to come?" He pointed out her each words.

"Yes. Do you have cash for her flight ticket? She hesitated to come knowing that you don't have money, so I told her not to come. She can't even come anymore, it's been a month since her class started."

Ravichandran followed her and said, "Karthika you know what kind of company I am working, I have only one month left then I will get leave only after one year, within which I have decided to have her wedding with Manu."

She turned at him and slowly asked" This is not what you have been saying all these months. Didn't you say that she will get married after her studies?" She nodded as if she understood his intention. "When your plan was all in the water, the truth came out of your mouth. Thinking that Rishma will come here for this vacation, you decided to have her wedding with Manu, but she didn't come."

"Is your problem that Manu is too old? His age can't be reduced anymore."

"His age is not even a problem, the problem is that you did not know what your own daughter likes and brought him as a groom for your daughter. The man you find for her is not a perfect match for her."

"Then go and bring one by your own." He yelled.

"Cancel this wedding. I will find a perfect match for my daughter when it's time." She looked straight into his eyes and said sternly.