Chapter 71

Chris's POV :

Chris's POV :

I dialed her number on my phone and with trembling hands I pressed the call option.

I put the phone to my ear and the ring continues. I can hear my heart beat, faster with each ring. My face turned pale and beads of sweat began to form all over my face even in this cold night.

I bit my lower lip and suddenly heard a woman's voice which startled me.

"The person you are trying to call is not responding. Please call again."

Damn.

I dialed the number once again, faster this time. My enthusiasm increased from the previous attempt. I pressed the phone to my ear. I got up from the bed and moved forward.

"Take the phone. Come on. Take it. Take your phone Rishma." I grumbled.

"The person you are trying to call is not responding. Please call again."

The message popped up again.

I hit the call again option, this time in anger. I held the phone close to my ear.

"Rishma take the call." I pleaded seeing her name on the screen.

The message popped up again.

I ended the call without waiting for the message to finish, I quickly pressed the call again option and put the call on speaker.

"The person you are trying to call has switched off their phone. Please call again later."

Switch off?

It has been ringing for so long.

Why did she switch off the phone?

I lay on the bed scratching my neck wondering why she didn't respond to the call.

Could it be because it's a new number?

Rishma has such a strange behavior that she does not answer calls from unknown numbers.

Where will be she? What is she doing now?

• • • •

Rishma's POV :

I spun in slow motion from the center of yard in 360 degrees and looked at my house like I was seeing it for the first time.

Yes, this is the first time I see my house like this. My house is decorated with lights and flowers in two days. Loud music is playing from the speakers.

Children running here and there for no reason, relatives walking back and forth and unknown neighbors discussing something. My father instructs the workers to place the chairs in the proper place.

I looked at him from a distance. He has a panicked look on his face thinking about my marriage and engagement taking place today.

A neighbor went up to him and said something that made my father even happier. My mother, who had planned my wedding with my brother, is filled with joy and inviting relatives to our house from the door side.