Chapter 64

□■  2 Years Later  ■□

Rishma's POV :

I hit the brake and stopped my car in front of a five story building.

I unbuckled my seat belt and took my laptop bag and wallet. I managed to open the door with my wallet in the same hand. The car door opened wide and I got out of the car.

A heavy breeze blew and my untied hair played with the wind. I closed the door and took off my sunglasses and walked to the entrance.

Saravan uncle, the watchman, came towards me with a smiling face.
"Good morning Saravan uncle." I said with a smile.

"Good morning madam." He passed by my right side and I didn't stop for any chitchat.

As usual he went to park my car in the parking lot.

As I walked up the entrance steps I heard the staffs laughing and talking loudly until a familiar voice from inside shouted 'Rishma madam arrived'.

I stood stunned at the entrance for a moment, wondering about the sudden silence, what were they doing inside?

My personal assistant Shruti opened the glass door for me. I walked into the hall and now no one is laughing or talking. No one looks up from their computer screen, everyone is busy murdering their keyboards.

"Good morning madam." Shruti said taking my laptop from me.

"Good morning Shruti. Is everyone having a good morning?" I asked suspiciously, looking at each of the staff as I walked to my cabin.

"Yes madam. Every-everyone is-- d-doing their job." she stammered.

"I can see." I opened the cabin door. I moved to the chair and kept my purse and sunglass inside the drawer.

"Shruti, when I was studying in my upper primary class, a student would always stay outside during free time. Children play inside the class, flying paper rockets, throwing paper balls at others, playing S-O-S, and writing the names of class couples on the blackboard. Everyone is having so much fun until that student yells 'teacher is coming'." I leaned back in my chair.

"You know what, here you're the kid yelling that  'teacher is coming'." I concluded.

"No ma'am I was just…" she tried to explain.

"---Telling them to stop their nonsense. Right?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

She didn't try to explain again. Because we both know I'm right. She hung her head in dismay.

"Don't feel bad. It happens in every office. They all start blaming you if you forget to inform them one day, so try not to repeat it." I comforted her.

She nodded with a forced smile.

"Can you call the team working in Shantipuram?" I asked, knowing she would say yes.