Let Yourself

Naomi's POV

I quickly got up and wrapped my sheets around my body as I walked up go my jeans. My stomach dropped as I viewed the caller ID. Quickly I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey are you home?"

"Maybe,"

"Come downstairs,"

"What? Why? I—"

"Just do it," Rolling my eyes I throw my phone in bed as I slipped on some underwear and Jordans t-shirt. It was the quickest thing that would completely cover me in my reach.

"Stay here," I raised my eyebrows at Jordan.

"Why?"

"Just, stay please," I quickly ran out knowing it wouldn't be to long before he followed me down.

Quickly I opened the door to see Mena with two huge presents, one blue and one purple, for the girls. "So? How'd I do?" I rolled my eyes, "Wait, why are you dressed like that?"

"What do you mean, "How'd I do?"" I looked at him confused. "And I'm— I'm doing Laundry and its all I had."

"Oh... and I mean with these. Do you think they'll be excited?"

"They would've been more excited to see you this morning when I dropped them off at school." I crossed my arms at him.

Mena sighed, "Listen Nay, I don't know what else to do, I—"

"You can't do anything Mena, when are you going to understand? You had to fix this a long time ago not three years into their life. Into my life. And—" I stopped as I felt someone come up behind me.

"Who's at the door love?" Jordan walked up to me obviously shirtless, "Oh, I'll just," he cleared his throat, "I'll go fetch something to eat real quick while you two..." he made hand gestures as he walked into the kitchen. I could tell Mena was furious.

"Thats some laundry you're doing," he hissed as he turned around and laughed.

Quickly I walked outside and closed the door, "Oh shut up, you literally have no right,"

Mena rolled his eyes, he knew he couldn't judge me. "I just—you had to—,"

"I had to what huh?"

"Nothing, whatever." He hissed, "So much for trying," he tried walking away.

"No Mena, you don't get to do that to me, you know what you also don't get to do? Buy your way into their lives. That isn't trying, its just putting a bandaid on an infected wound."

"So what? It's better than nothing? And apparently they're doing just fine, just like you're doing just fine with—" He rolled his eyes as his face turned red. Mena had been working on his rage but Jordan was enough to set him off and he knew that, we both did.

"I think you should go," I looked down. "Go and I'll give them this and have them call you later, but I can't just let you back in Mena, you can't have it that simple."

"Whatever Naomi, have fun with Jordan." He finally turned around and left. Pushing my hair back I went inside and took a breath.

How could the only person that helped me control my anxiety also be the thing that set it off? I could feel my chest tightning by the minute as I took in a couple of deep breathes. Suddenly I felt a touch on my back. "Nay, are you alright?" Jordan asked as he stood behind me.

Nodding I grabbed his arm, "I just need a minute,"

"Do you want me to get you anything? You're shaking,"