Unbelievable

Naomi's POV

I sat in my room anxiously waiting for Nasim to return my direct messages. I wrote to her endless times and yet, it's almost as if she had disappeared from the earth. I tried messaging her a few more times but there was still no answer.

"Ugh!" I yelled in frustration. "What do I do?" I whispered to myself. Sitting there quietly I gathered my thoughts and decided to send Mena a message again.

"Look, whatever Nasim said, I'm sorry she was probably just mad, it was a bad day for me okay, can we just please talk...in person?" I could feel my hands shaking as I went to press the send button.

My heart sank as I read the message on the screen, "Look, to be honest I don't really want to talk to anyone right now Naomi."

"Please Mena, lets just clear this out."

Mena's POV

My phone buzzed again, "Please Mena, lets just clear this out."

I sighed in hesitation, I genuinely wasn't in the mood, but knowing something had happened to her killed me inside, I had to know. Besides, Nasim's reaction wasn't her fault.

Looking down at my phone I went to type a response,"Fine, meet me at the park in 15."

I quickly picked up my things and headed over to the park. It was a cold day outside, very gloomy, it was almost as if the weather mirrored my feelings at the moment, which honestly weren't so hot. It really sucks to have a special moment with someone and to receive a text from a random number that she's talking to someone else, and to top it off, she won't even respond to my calls or texts. Not believing it was inevitable but thinking someone might be feeding me a story just to mess with me would just be sick. At this point I didn't know what to believe, not to mention she didn't even answer my texts last night and suddenly she's writing to me from her twitter account? It didn't make sense.

I sat on the park bench where we had our second encounter and waited; suddenly I caught a glimpse of her with the corner of my eye. She looked beautiful as always but still different. Her eyes and nose looked puffy, her cheeks a bit red and her hair pulled into a messy ponytail. She looked tired, drained and all I could feel was that it was my fault.

"Hi" She said softly with her accent that was inevitable to notice. "Look, I'm really sorry about Nasim and whatever happened, I'm not sure what she said cause I haven't spoken to her but I'm sorry..., I really just want to clear this out."

"It's okay I guess, her words weren't yours." I responded seriously. I sat there in silence for about a minute, I didn't exactly know what to say.

"Look, I just want to know, why'd you do it? Like did I do something wrong or like...I just don't understand, I respect that you don't want anything that's fine but just why?" She blurted out nervously. I could sense her anxiety levels rising, my little sister dealt with anxiety her entire life, so in Naomi, it was impossible for me not to notice.

"Do what Naomi? I don't even know what you're talking about." I responded, truly clueless.

"I mean, today at school, you didn't show up early, and then at lunch, you completely ignored me, whats up with that?"

"I mean I thought you had no interest in me after I figured you were talking to someone else, and also the fact you haven't answered my calls or texts is kind of rude considering what happened last night..." I could see her confused expression as she stood there, listening to what I was saying.

"Look, I don't know who told you what about me talking to someone else but it's not true okay, I don't even have my phone with me. I'm grounded Mena, my dad wasn't pleased to find me with a boy in my room after having almost found dead in a room with one." By the time she finished what she was saying I realized how red her face had gotten. I could tell she took a deep breath and to try to calm herself down.