Busy

Mena's POV

I got home and quickly went up to my room. Right now I honestly didn't feel like talking to anyone. I threw myself in my bed and grabbed my phone. "Seriously? I gotta get this battery fixed." I rolled my eyes as I got up and put it to charge. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door. "Yeah?"

"It's me!" Margo shouted.

"I'm not in the mood alright, just leave my alone!"

"Come on Mena! I know you're upset about something lets talk." I sighed and opened the door.

"What is it?"

"Lime I said, I wanna help. Your face when you walked in kind of gave off a sad sad vibe."

"It's nothing okay."

"Was it her?"

I hesitated to answer. "I mean, yeah... I don't know we just had a disagreement I guess. I'm not mad at her I just... I want the best for her and she can be so—"

"Difficult?"

"Yeah."

"Mom told me about the whole traumatic background thing. She doesn't give off those vibes though. She seems like a genuinely happy girl."

"And she is! But I don't know, maybe she isn't? Maybe I'm just seeing her for what I wanna see her."

"Maybe. But I mean if you guys are serious about this you really have to learn to understand each other. A relationship is a team effort you know?"

"Yeah I guess. I don't know maybe I should just give her space? You girls are so complicated." I chuckled at her.

"Hey! We're complicated but worth it! And I promise you that girl is 100% worth I—" She stopped talking as we heard a sound. "What's that?"

"Oh sorry that's my phone." I stood up to check on it. My heart dropped when I saw the screen. I had 4 missed calls from Naomi.

"What is it?" Margo asked curiously.

I quickly walked over to my bed and grabbed my jacket and my moms keys. "We have to go. Somethings wrong."

"Wait what?"

"I don't have time for questions are you coming or not?" Margo nodded and went after me.

"God please let her be okay."

Naomi's POV

My body tensed up as I felt a cold hand touch my arm.

"Keep walking and don't say a thing." I sighed in relief as I recognized the voice.

"You asshole you scared the crap out of me!" I slapped Scott's arm.

He chuckled. "Ouch, my poor arm! Oh come on I was just kidding."

I rolled my eyes and walked away from him. "Well then it wasn't funny."

"Oh c'mon Naomi, look I'm sorry. I just saw you and wanted to say Hi I didn't mean to be rude. I'm sorry." He pressed his lips together.

"It's alright I guess...thank you for apologizing."

"Always. So... where you headed, you seemed like you were in a rush."

"Well I was going to meet up with—"

"Mena right?"

"Yeah, how'd you—?"

"Good with names I guess. So what are you doing now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you said "Was going to" which implies not gonna so what are you going to do now?"

"Well I should get home and get ready, I'm like way late though and while I walk I'll be even more late so it's whatever I guess."

"Well I can walk you if you want."

I smiled at him. "That'd be cool. Thanks!"

"Sure thing! So how's life?"

"Not much same old, same old I guess, what about you?"

"Ahh same old too I guess." He took a pause. "Actually, I have to ask, what do girls like for proposals?"

"What like marriage or something? Aren't you a bit too young for that?"

"No silly, I mean like winter formal kind of thing."

"Oh, that. Well I don't know I've never been asked. I guess it depends on the girl though why?"

"Damn but hasn't Mena asked you? And just wondering... what about you? What would you like?"

"Nope... and don't know really, maybe something kind of lowkey. Not really into huge things you know. I feel like something simple can represent a lot."

"Like...?"

"Like a cute little speech as you take a stroll in the park or, an cute date and just a chat afterwards. I don't know just simple stuff like that."

"Simple, that sounds sweet."

"Yeah...I don't know I'm not really that hard to impress I guess. But maybe thats not how I seem to him."

"Aw come on I'm sure he's just clueless."

"Maybe, or maybe he's just not a high school dance kind of guy."

"Well if it makes you feel any better, I know of a guy who'd love to take you a high school dance." He smiled at me.

"Thank you, Scott." I stopped walking. "Well this is my stop, it was really nice to see you."

"It was really nice to see you too Naomi Grace."  I smiled at him as I turned to open my door. "Hey Naomi!"

"Yeah?"

"Are you busy this afternoon?" I turned my head at him. "I just thought maybe you'd like to have a cup of coffee or something."

"I..." I bit my lip. "Raincheck?"

"Sure, I'll see you soon then." He gently smiled at me.

"Bye Scott." I looked back at him and ran up the stairs of my drive way.

Rushing inside I threw my phone in my bed and got ready as soon as I could. If I wasn't my mom was going to kill me.

As I finished getting dressed I heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" I yelled running down the stairs. To my surprise, Mena stood at the door with a worried face.

"Um, what are you doing here?"

"You called, I got worried! Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just I wanted to talk and I tried catching up with you but I guess you made it home quickly and I had a bit of a scare but it's alright I guess."

"A scare? Did he come back? I swear I'll kill him." His face got red.

"Wow, calm down, it was just Scott pulling a prank on me. But he apologized and walked me home it's fine."

"Oh... well then okay. Then what'd you want to talk about?"

" I um—" I noticed my mom pull into the drive way. "Can we do this later I'm kind of in a rush at the moment."

"Yeah, no, of course. How about later this afternoon then?"

I thought it through for a few seconds, I kind of wasn't in the mood. "I can't, I'm sort of busy but how about a phone call tonight and this time we both answer the phone?"

"That sounds good, well I'll talk to you soon Nay." He gave me a small kiss.

I nodded and walked out the door and to my moms car.