Date

Mena's POV

I could feel Naomi gazing at me as I drove. "You know that's distracting." I chuckled.

"Sorry I just... I can't believe it's finally happened."

"You and me both." I responded letting out a breath. It truly didn't feel real. I took in a deep breath and parked the car in front of the restaurant.

"You didn't!" Her face lit up.

"Indian food for my Indian girl what can I say." I quickly ran out to open her door. "After you."

"Thank you." We both quietly walked in.

"Reservation for Naomi."

"Naomi?"

"It's an easier name." I shrugged my shoulders as the lady walked us to the table. After we both sat down I took a sip of my water. I could tell she was nervous, she wouldn't stop tapping her finger on the table. Softly I reached for her hand. "If you tap any harder you'll leave a hole in there you know?" Her cheeks turned red.

"Oh sorry, I'm just a bit nervous that's all. Which is completely stupid because I have no reason to be nervous because its you but—" Naomi pressed her lips together. "I'm rambling aren't I?"

"Its okay it's cute."

"Sorry."

"You don't have to apologize for everything Nay, really its okay. Lets just talk."

"Okay... so what do you wanna talk about?"

"Well I was thinking I'd let you know that the Dahl here taste just like your moms."

She giggled. "That's good to know." I gently smiled at her until the I felt the waiter approach us.

"Are you ready to orde— Mena? What are you doing here?" Emily stood there in shock.

"Me? What are you doing here I thought you didn't quit?"

"I got it back... what is she doing here? Oh right I forgot you were screwing my boyfriend this entire time."

"Em calm down she wasn't—"

"Spare me your bullshit excuse Mena." Emily rolled her fingers as she turned around. "I'll get whoever else to take your stupid order."

I looked at Naomi and noticed her face had gone pale, her eyes were watery and her hands wouldn't stop shaking. "That— that won't be necessary." She wiped a tear from her face as she got up. "Excuse me."

"Naomi wait—"

"Don't!" She cut off my sentence running out. Quickly I ran after her.

"Please Nay I didn't know—"

"How did you even think it was alright to bring me here Mena? Where in your head did it make sense that this was a good idea to bring me here to the place where she works!" She breathed heavily as she placed her hand on her forehead. "I'm really trying here I gave everything up for you, I let my parents down, my friends down, I cheated on my fiancé and I thought maybe just maybe I'm finally making the right choice and you bring me here!"

"Nay, calm down." I watched as she paced back and forth.

I turned away from her as I listened to her. "No Mena I can't calm down, because it's not that simple, everything goes wrong, every time, everywhere we go, even after years and I don't understand. I just want to be happy but I can't and it's exhausting... maybe... maybe eveyone else was right, maybe it just isn't meant to be."

I felt my heart plummet to stomach as I turned back to look at her. "You know what Nay? You're so wrong. I love you, I've loved you since the minute I laid eyes on you that day at school with your short hair and your leather jacket. I love how you would eat everything on the lunch menu and I love how every time you were upset you ran outside for fresh air because you felt suffocated because for the first time ever, I found someone who felt just what I did. I loved you then and I love you now, I loved you all those years you were away, I cried and I grieved, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat because my love for you consumed me. So don't you dare say that we aren't meant to be. Because every day that goes by, every minute, all I ever want to do is be with you, and only you." I quickly ran over to her and grabbed her face. "I love you Naomi Scott, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and yes life sucks right now and its hard but I promise you, if you let me love you, I'll make you the happiest girl in the world. So please, let me be the guy that gets to love you. Let me be the guy that gets to be there for better or for worse."

Naomi's eyes widened, "The rest of—of your life?"

I sighed in relief. "Yeah... I mean the plan was if we're not married by 26 we're getting married to each other anyways so,"

"I can't believe you remembered that."

"Of course I remember, just like I remember you want three babies, and we agreed two boys and one girl." At this point Naomi couldn't stop smiling as she cried. "So? Do you think we're meant to be now?" Nay nodded and leaned in to give me a kiss.

Finally after weeks, our lips touched. I could feel the electricity between us as I pulled her face closer to mine. Softly she let go and sighed in relief. "That feels so good after so long."

"It was about time!" She let out a small giggle. "So... about that date, fancy restaurant didn't work out, so how does takeout and an episode of House of Cards sound?"

"Not as fancy but if it's with you I'm sure it'll be perfect." Touching her pinky with mine, I reached to grab her hand and smiled at her.

"Oh and we can totally ditch the fancy outfits by the way."

"Got me there because this dress is tight mate." She groaned. I couldn't help but chuckle as we walked back go the car.

"Don't worry you'll be back in your black hoodie in no time."

"I was thinking one of your tshirts and zero pants but sure hoodie works too." Turning to her I grinned as we both hopped in the car.

"No it's fine my tshirt will do." I responded and quickly sped back home. What a night...

____________________________

Welllllllll did I or did I not tell ya'll there was always a rainbow at the end of a storm??? Hope you all enjoyed this!!!! I love you guys, thank you for reading.

Please vote and comment!!!
Tw: eienahoughiin
Insta: elenashoughlin