I Chose You

Naomi's POV

"Oh yeah, white was definitely the way to go." Nasim said to me as she kept painting.

"I told you I've got some sort of vision for these things."

"Oh sure you do, I'm going to start calling you Jo Gains from now on." She laughed.

"What can I say, I love myself some HGTV." I responded sarcastically as I flipped my hair.

"So how are you feeling? I mean this past two weeks and all? Would you actually stay permanently?"

"I mean I'm okay I guess, this is definitely helpful to keep my mind off of things but it just depends I guess."

"On what exactly?"

"Whether I can handle having him so close." I sighed. "I can manage staying here, I mean I have you guys and for school I can just take online classes so it's fine but I don't know, I liked my life back in London too."

"But would you still be happy if you went back? I mean Jordan wouldn't be with you anymore."

"Yeah that's true I guess, I hadn't really thought about that."

Nasim put down her paint brush and smiled gently at me. "Well, that's enough sappiness for today. Are you hungry?" She clapped her hands together wiping off the paint.

"Read my mind, more like starving."

"How do burgers sound?"

"Insanely fantastic."

Nasim laughed, "Come on let's go then." As I walked out the room I turned back to her almost shutting the door.

"Nas hold up!" I startled her.

"What? What is it?"

"Don't close the door, the knob is broken and if I close it it gets stuck. I mean, I guess it doesn't matter from the outside but from the inside, shut it and we'd die in there."

"Oh okay, yeah it's staying open. Let me just grab my keys real qui—" A knock on the door interrupted.

"I'll get that its probably just my dad, he was suppose to stop by today or tomorrow." Nasim left to get her keys as I went to open the door.

There stood Mena nervously, "Hey."

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"I brought you something," He handed me a bag. "House warming gift, Em thought it'd be nice for you to have...  and I know you liked them when we were, you know."

"Jams?"

"Strawberry and Date, your favorite."

"Thank you,"

"So who's at the door— Mena! Hi." Nasim widened her eyes at me. "Well I'll be going."

"Wait up I'm coming."

"No that's fine you can stay here, help her paint Mena." She pushed him inside.

I rolled my eyes at Nasim as she signalled for me to stay. "Do you wanna come inside?"

"Sure," Mena placed his hands in his pockets. "So painting?"

"Yup, painting."

"Which room?"

"Guest Room."

"Can I see?"

"Uhm sure." I walked him over. "This is it."

"It's nice."

"It's a room." Looking to the side I scratched my head. "I'm sorry, what do you want Mena?"