Under my Bed

Naomi's POV

I woke up to a loud knock on my door. "Nay it's 9:40!" My mom shouted. I covered my head with a pillow and went back to sleep. Suddenly she knocked again but this time I felt the knob turn. Instantly my heart dropped. I jumped out of bed and shut the door on her face. "Naomi what is going on in there?"

"Nothing! Just give me a minute!" Running back to Mena I pushed him out of my bed. He looked at me back with a confused face.  "Get under my bed now!" I whispered to him.

"What?"

"Just do it!"

"What was the noise? Open up Naomi!" My mom shouted again.

"Nothing mom I just tripped!" Out the blue the door flew open.

"What was that noise I heard?"

"Like I said I tripped!" I smiled awkwardly at her.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just look tired. Have you been sleeping?"

"Of course mom."

"Hmn... we're going to your therapist."

"What? Mom, no please you know I hate doctors appointments much less therapists ."

"I know honey but you have really bad circles under your eyes, and you rarely wake up early anymore in the mornings."

"That's typical teenage stuff mom I—" I was interrupted by a sneeze. I felt myself turn pale.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That sound..."

"What sound? You're hearing things mom."

My mom squinted her eyes at me. "Just get ready."

I grabbed her hand before she walked out the room. "Wait mom, please no therapy sessions."

"I'll think about it okay, now get dressed we're going out."

"What? Since when?"

"Since I say we're going out hurry." She snapped at me

"Geez, alright no need to be mean about it." My mom raised an eyebrow at me.

"Stop being sassy. Be ready I'm picking you up in an hour."

"What, where are you going?"

"Groceries, see you in an hour, not a minute late."

"Okay, bye mom." I walked behind her and shut the door as I sighed. Suddenly I heard a thump. "Oh my god are you okay?" I asked Mena who had just hit his head with my bed as I held back my giggles.

"Yeah, awesome I've got allergies and a concussion but I'm fine."

I pressed my lips together. "Sorry, that conversation lasted longer than expected."

"Yeah... speaking of which, you should go to the doctors."

"Stop, I hate it okay."

"I hate a lot of things but I have to do them. Look, if your moms taking you its because she has her best interest at heart. Just go get checked out."

"But theres nothing wrong with me, Mena."

"If theres nothing wrong then why don't you wanna go?"

I crossed my arms as I stood up to look back at him. "Look if you're going to be pushy about this you can just leave. Simple."

"Nay come on, you're not being serious are you?"

"Does it sound like I'm kidding? I'm not talking about this so either leave or change the subject."

"Okay we'll change the subject, just relax." Mena got up and slipped on his clothes from last night. "Look I'm sorry okay... I just want you to be able to talk to me. These are things we have to talk about for them to get better

I sighed. "I know, but it isn't that simple, I can't just talk Mena. And pressuring me to do it won't do me any good so can you please just drop it?"

"But it is that simple Naomi just talk. I don't know whats going on in your head, ever! You're a mystery to me half the time and the other half we're fine that's not a relationship Nay, I want you to trust me."

"You're one to talk about trust! I don't know anything about you Mena, I don't know where you came from or what you've done. I've told you about my problems and you had a hard time telling me you would fight at school because you wanted to defend your sister?"

"That's different Naomi!"

"No it's not. It's literally the same thing!" I shouted back at him and rolled my eyes angrily. "I think you should leave."

"Nay come on don't do that, don't shut me out."

"I have to get ready and you have to get out of here before my mom comes back. Just go." Mena sighed as he came up to me and gave me a kiss on the head.

"I love you, text me when you wanna talk okay."

I nodded yes to him and went into the bathroom. I didn't want too but I couldn't help but be mad at him. I genuinely hated when people tried to get me to talk when I wasn't feeling like it. On the other hand I felt so stupid, I felt dumb and annoying. For a minute my life felt perfect and normal and the next I was reminded of all my problems and it's like the good never happened. My guilt killed me at this point, I knew he just wanted to help me. Immediately I reached for my phone to call him. The phone beeped for a few minutes but there was no answer. Quickly I slipped on some leggings and a tshirt and ran outside to see if he was still around.

Running outside of my house I looked both ways to see if he was still there. I know it sounded stupid but I didn't want him to leave feeling guilty because of me. I decided to walk to his house to see if I could catch him on the way. I walked for about 5 minutes until I felt as if someone was following me. I looked back a few times but I couldn't see anything. Grabbing my phone I dialed Mena but again, there was no answer. I tried sprinting away until suddenly felt someone grab my arm and whisper into my ear.

"Keep walking and don't say a thing."

_______________________________

What would ya'll do if this happened to you?^
I think I'd pass out lmao

Vote and Comment
Love you guys!
tw: eienahoughiin
insta: elenashoughlin